{'en': 'Inexplicable sugar', 'es': 'Subidon de azucar inexplicable'} Image

Inexplicable sugar

dongui19's profile photo   09/03/2015 5:43 p.m.

Well, last night I was worried, I tell you what happened to me.

Last night before dinner I had the sugar well I was in 129 because I put on my dose of insulin that corresponded to me and Cene calculating the carbohydrates well.

The truth, everything was going well, arriving at 11:30 I had to put on the Lantus insulin and take a complement that is a yogurt, because I did it and everything remained well but 10 minutes later I noticed me weird and I wanted to measure the sugar and clearI knew that something happened to me, I had the sugar in 299 !!!!

The truth is if anyone knows what could happen to me or that I did badly to help me because I will last less than a soap pomp.

Thanks in advance!:)

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/03/2015 5:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The Ràpida ball may not work well, sometimes it happens.
Or the Lantus had ended before ..
When you see high figures, run quickly.A fast unit usually lowers about 50 glucose.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 8:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
maybe the ràpida ball will not work well, sometimes it passes.
Or the Lantus had ended before ..
When you see high figures, run quickly.A fast unit usually lowers about 50 glucose.
With all the regina respects, do not give guidelines to correct without knowing the insulin bolus that Donguita has 19, when debts 1u can download 100mg/dl and when you have been going down 15-20 years, you can download 30-40-50 orThat is depending on the total insulin you get up to date.
Let's see if with those tips we will cause hypoglycemia unintentionally ...

Greetings

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/03/2015 8:40 p.m.

I say usually .., which is an orientation nothing more.It has to do what lowers him.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 8:44 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

donguita19 said:
well I was worried last night, I tell you what happened to me.Last night before dinner I had the sugar well I was in 129 because I put on my dose of insulin that corresponded to me and ceneA complement that is a yogurt because I did it and everything remained well but 10 minutes later because I noticed and I wanted to measure the sugar and of course I knew that something happened to me, I had the sugar in 299 !!!!The truth is if anyone knows what could happen to me or that I did badly to help me because I will last less than a soap pomp.Thanks in advance :)

That is something that happened to us all, do not worry because there are days that you are going to have inexplicable dances and climb.The only advice I can give you (and that I do not put into practice ha ha, ha) is to change the needle every 2 days.It may also be that you will puncture yourself in a different place and the muscle-grass did not absorb insulin well.But well that they can be 100 different things, don't worry !!

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/03/2015 8:44 p.m.

@regina @sigsauer I have debuted 6 months ago but what Regina said did not know if you could do, do you recommend me if I have the sugar very high correct?thank you

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/03/2015 8:58 p.m.

Yes, you have to correct, always according to your ratio and your guideline, we will not annoy it.In fact, one of the reasons why we control glucose at two hours of each meal is precisely to correct.If we have been wrong counting rations or putting us quickly, we must correct quickly.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/03/2015 9:04 p.m.

@xorxie I get fast insulin Apidra (3-4-4) I recommend correcting with 1 unit if I have it up, right?

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/03/2015 9:11 p.m.

If you are above 200, you can put a fast unit and measure yourself at two hours.Let's see what has come down.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/03/2015 9:14 p.m.

You have to know your Dongui19 correction factor, you must consult with your endocrine.This factor is a calculation of how much glucose level is lowered by each unit of fast.

Here is well explained:

Link

Until you see the doctor you can calculate it but when you apply it to practice, stay short in the calculations to avoid a hypo.You see before little by little

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/03/2015 9:35 p.m.

@joseludi thanks friend!

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/03/2015 10:41 p.m.

-Plim of glucose that lowers an insulin U.
-It is used to correct.
1800 / Total Insulin ₌ I.S.I

Example:
Insulin (15+16+16+4+20) ₌ 71
1800/71₌25
Current glycemia (250)
Objective (120)
250-120₌130
130/25₌5.2u

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
09/04/2015 12:01 a.m.

Thus they taught me to correct, it is an example.

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
09/04/2015 12:04 a.m.

Thanks Robe!@rafarobe

dongui19's profile photo
dongui19
09/04/2015 12:11 a.m.

Ratio:
-Sulin chant for a ration of carbohydrates.
-Grycemia before and then it must be fine.
Breakfast:
Rations (4)
Insulin (6u)
Insulin/Carbohydrates
6/4₌1.5
1 ration of hydrates would be 1.5u of insulin

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
09/04/2015 12:19 a.m.

This is also useful

RafaRobe's profile photo
RafaRobe
09/04/2015 12:20 a.m.

The good thing is to try because there will be days that for example you have done sports or have been more active and with 1U you get much more than you have stipulated and others however you will try to correct with more units and you do not get off almost nothing so what whatThe classmates have told you, to go measurements but you know that in this there are a few days that are the same ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
09/04/2015 12:35 a.m.

I use a novorapid ball, but I imagine that Apidra will be the same, that the minimum you can wear is a unit, so you have no choice but to try to correct with a unit.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/04/2015 12:44 a.m.

Was yogurt without lactose?Something similar happened to me ... from time to time they gave me some high glucose peaks during the night and I didn't know why ... until we realized that it was due to lactose milk (the cold days II liked to take a glass of warm milk before going to sleep: P) and that I read that it is not suitable for diabetics because of its high glycemic index.

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
10/04/2015 10:17 p.m.

And instead of lactose that put it, pure glucose?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/04/2015 10:22 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.