{'en': 'They recommend parents of children with diabetes to promote their autonomy with diabetes', 'es': 'Recomiendan a padres de hijos con diabetes fomentar su autonomía con la diabetes'} Image

They recommend parents of children with diabetes to promote their autonomy with diabetes

fer's profile photo   03/15/2016 12:14 p.m.

In Spain, 1,100 new cases of type 1 diabetes are produced every year in children under 15 years."Without a doubt, the adaptation to this new situation, which will accompany the child throughout his life, is one of the most difficult aspects that require extensive information and continuous learning, both for parents and for the child himself, so that hisProgress and evolution are affected as little as possible by their illness, "he said.

In this sense, the psychologist and expert in Infant-Judume Therapy Olga Sanz Font has highlighted the importance of parents teaching their children to assess the results for themselves and imply them, depending on their age and maturity, in treatment in the treatmentof your diabetes and in the controls.

"Not prosecutors all your actions"

"Consider learning and handling the treatment of the disease just like a child without diabetes can learn tasks of their daily lives. Do not fiscalize all your actions, but teach how to do the tasks that your treatment requires and show it that you can take care of yourselfsame, "the expert has advised.

Likewise, it continues, it is necessary that between 5 and 7 years they begin to ask their opinion, correcting their mistakes and listening, and, in turn, teaching other relatives to get involved in the treatment so that they can keep the child insome occasion.

"It is about normalizing the situation in the whole family, otherwise, in the long run and carries problems of family dependence. It is not appropriate to be systematically telling him what he should do, without explanations, but what he thinks and whatUnderstand and do not understand.

Finally, the expert has recommended that parents congratulate their children with diabetes when it does things related to their treatment and not blame when they do not go perfectly."All parents make mistakes and it is always time to rectify," he has settled.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/15/2016 12:14 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here you have the link to the topic "Ten tips to promote the autonomy of children with diabetes", I hope it serves you!;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
03/16/2016 9:42 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, my parents did not know anything about diabètes and there were no information, therefore, imagine if my parents, if they had not given me that autonomy that I had to learn with 15anos in the last century and where the girls were very "protected" by theparents;where I would be today with my almost 70 years of age and 54 dbt 1;This, your link will serve all the children, young and parents to become independent in this "beautiful sweetness" that we live !!!
another topic;On my part, I live in Bruxelles and we are very sad for the tragic events we are living and .............. go a thought of encouragement and comfort for their families, which I imagine, there will be diabeticsAmong them !!!!!!!!!

: -H

ani's profile photo
ani
03/22/2016 2:35 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.