Swimming and insulin pump

ricardohuguet's profile photo   03/15/2016 7:24 p.m.

Good afternoon,
We need help.My wife has diabetes 31 years ago and carries the bomb about 5 years ago.Last year he suffered an accident and had a cranioncephalic fracture.The doctors recommended to exercise and chose swimming for several reasons.He has been doing it for almost two months, the problem is as follows, she dawns on an empty stomach between 120 to 220 consumes around 4.5 rations of carbohydrates at the breakfast of 7:30 am.and launches approximately between 7-8-9 insulin units.At 9 am.It usually enters swimming with glycemia de entered 180 to 250 and generally comes out with glycemia of enter 35 to 55. We do not know how to adjust diabetes, swimming and insulin, taking into account that it is an hour in swimming, without the pump, so that sheleave do not have hypoglycemia.We believe but we are not sure that it is a matter of food, it will be advisable to eat before swimming without taking glycemia?For example a banana ??And without insulin?Please, some tips would be good for us.Thank you!!

ricardohuguet's profile photo
ricardohuguet
03/15/2016 7:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

You should talk to your doctor.My child disconnects the bomb for half an hour before starting exercise and eats before starting it and ends in acceptable glycemia.

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
03/15/2016 10:27 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

We will do a test using that option.We will publish in a few weeks as it has sat.Thank you!!

ricardohuguet
03/16/2016 1:57 a.m.

What I see is that if you have breakfast and click at 07:30 and the swimming is at 9 am, sporting activity begins just at the rapid insulin peak that is usually past 1 and a half since you put it on it and it isWhen the insulin is doing more effect, so between the swimming and the peak of insulin, I believe that the descent is more pronounced ...

This is just an idea, I would consult it with the doctor or nurse.

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/16/2016 11:57 a.m.

We had not taken into account the fast insulin peaks.Very good fact !!We will use this data to go doing the test.Thank you!!
We are living for a while abroad, which makes it difficult for us, even within a couple of months, to speak with your endocrine.

ricardohuguet
03/16/2016 4:17 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.