My experience with free freestyle

Nacho_99's profile photo   03/17/2016 2:07 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
More than two weeks ago I went to the endocrine and we began to talk about free.We had seen it on the news so we asked the doctor and decided to try the experiment to know how he went and more with me since I am a minor.
The result?A chaos.To put a note to Freestyle Free I would put a 6, at least in my case.
I do not know if it was the sensor that was defective, the device itself or myself, but made me measurements with the sensor and was around 70-100 mg/dl according to the capillary.
I have disappointed a little because I expected more, after all it has cost us a money to have it and it has been a riot.
Of course, the trends (the arrows that tell you if you upload or lower the glucose very fast) are a pass.It is also true that you are constantly receiving sensor information and then passing it to the computer with the program, we have left a lot of information, but that does not mean that the results that I give me, for example in the street without the capillary gluucetal are not reliable, (at least, not quite)
And you, what?Have you been able to try free freestyle?How about your experience?

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
03/17/2016 2:07 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Mia quite similar, at first it was excited, the sensors seemed to go very well, only 10% difference with the capillaWhen I was perfectly fine.

I had to ask for new sensors that were just as evil.Some directly put them on me and told "sensor error asks for a new."A real torture, all day waiting for the delivery man to arrive with the sensors.

I also noticed that it bothered me more to wear the needle stuck and the patch stuck.At least it served me for this, to make it clear that I will never put anything that has to carry nailed to the skin or body.All news related to these devices have already stopped being interested.

That so big to wear that and what a great pleasure of not carrying anything nailed and being able to move through the bed freely without fear of hurting me with the needle or to tear off the rennet sensor (I spend a couple of times since I move a lot).

In short, I completely disappoint.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
03/17/2016 2:27 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

My experience is that I carry about 12 sensors and all good (I cross my fingers) and with differences that do not go from 25-30 mg/dl with respect to the hair glucometer and well held with dressings and liquid skin-tacThe arm where it is indicated that you have to place.
When I get defective (I hope not) I will also put it here ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/17/2016 11:12 a.m.

It is unreliable, according to the marketing they have to be cheaper and more novel, and it is quite the opposite, it costs almost like Dexcom G5, it cannot be extended in time, it is not comparable

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
03/17/2016 11:42 a.m.

@Hoyos9 I repeat you again as I told you in another thread that we are not comparing it with the Dexcom, so it is not comparable ... "my experience with free freestyle .."

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/17/2016 11:52 a.m.

Use three or four and m did very well.I helped me to know certain things that happened and I had not realized.I never put any dressing or glue and I didn't take off at all.Stop putting it with allergy problems.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
03/17/2016 12:34 p.m.

Today we put the first sensor to my daughter.We have activated it about 20 minutes after capillary by hippic symptoms, the capillary gave us 54 and the free 46. To be the first measurement and taking into account the delay it carries with the capillary, it seems that nothing is bad.Let's see if we are lucky and continue the same.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/17/2016 12:51 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The sensors fail a lot in measurements, they are expensive and do not meet the expectations they create.

My experience has been fatal and the device disappointed me a lot.
But yes, there are people who have worked very well and are happy.

Whenever I have the opportunity to comment on them, I tell my experience, because there are not the times that run to be throwing the money.
We do not spend 60 euros on a sensor to avoid clicking for 2 weeks, making an economic effort, and as they do not work, we have to keep clicking and throw the 60 euros in the trash.

Now, there are sometimes that the sensors give correct measurements.Therefore, it's like a "scratch and wins", you never know if the new sensor will work.

OscarelGato's profile photo
OscarelGato
03/17/2016 12:55 p.m.

My son uses it regularly and with enough good results.No allergy problems (I play wood), and mostly lasted the 14 days.Some fell before him, but what we are going to do is a child and the anger if he fell for not walking carefully but sometimes everything does not depend on one ... some sensor did not work, we do not know very well because but butThey always sent us another.For us it is a tranquility that takes it on, but does not always want.Now this three days of excursion with the school and did not want to take him because his teammates would see him ... You have to give him time ... what I miss Iago is that he cannot use the insulin calculator when measuring himself with the sensor:-H.H

Enma's profile photo
Enma
03/17/2016 12:58 p.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

I have been free, it is true that some sensors have had differences with the capillary but it has always ended up correcting.I have learned a lot with free when doing sports gives me tremendous peace of mind, knowing the trend and my values ​​with a pass, the truth is that I was changing.All the best

lemurdiabético's profile photo
lemurdiabético
03/17/2016 5:32 p.m.

@lemurdiabetic totally agree for me the important thing about the system is not the thing that has already been spoken of many times, also with the capillary glucometer you make 2 measurements in a row and there may be a variation of up to 30 mg/dl, forMe the important thing is the trend and tranquility when you are not at home and especially working, vacations, sport etc, etc, etc ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
03/17/2016 6:12 p.m.

I am considering it.My endocrine told me about him a week ago.9 months of diagnosis have already passed and I already know my DM1 quite well, enough to see that I have a tendency to the hypo Postesayuno almost every day, and also because of the issue of swimming, the endocrine advises me.Fortunately, in the economic issue things begin to work and I could allow me.I think there is no waiting list, right?PA'ALANTE SHOT WITH THE FREESTYLE?

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
03/17/2016 10:49 p.m.

I have four sensors and the result for me is acceptable.
Trends have always gone and serve you to know how your body acts eating certain foods or sports.
The precision at least the first day horrible, then minimal differences.The last one failed the first 5 days, then well.
Decrease punctures for me has been liberating.I had shattered fingers, which I keep clicking the same before putting insulin, but rest of the rest of the times.
As I said more times, it depends on what you need, whatever you want and what you can pay the freestyle is good option.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/17/2016 11:54 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

@Gemater the shame that health does not finance them.Let's see if they realized that it is profitable for them.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
03/18/2016 12:10 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@xorxie The truth is that it is your decision, free is a lottery, in some people it goes very well and in others it does not.Try to see!

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
03/18/2016 12:13 a.m.

My daughter has been just for 24 hours with him, and for now some differences of about 30. For insulin we pay attention to the capillary, but tonight we have already avoided the punctures and we have been able to verify that there has been no nightly hypo.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
03/18/2016 11:12 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

@jconegar should really do it.I no longer ask even for free, but anyone can raise it as option if.Like any other MCG system.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
03/18/2016 1:42 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

I have been free since it began to sell and although some sensors (little) have left bad could not live now without it.In fact, when I had to do a magnetic resonance and I had to be without the sensor since it expired to the day of the test they have been very long days and with the feeling of not being whole of the "movie"

Once you see the movie of how your glucose levels move, you don't want to see 3, 4, 5 or 18 a fixed photos daily

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/20/2016 11:35 p.m.

Hello, we are rookies, we have been three weeks, but since the little one is very nervous we have put freestyle we are testing and it seems that there are small differences but he goes quieter to school than the first days came to puncture up to 18 times !!It is also true that we are still very green because they give him many hypoglycemia and we are learning to manage his insulin, for the moment we have many doubts we do not know if he can bathe on the beach or the pool with him?We now already concerned about summer but well everything is new to us, all the advice Don well accepted !!!Thank you

Susithierry's profile photo
Susithierry
04/24/2016 9:17 p.m.

In my case, except a sensor that did not work (and they replaced me in three days) all have gone quite well with differences of 10 mg/dl between capillary and interstitial, and sometimes not even those 10. It is true that some sensors take a bit inStabilize, but as long as I can, I will continue to use it.What I do is that the first day and until I get 5 measures with differences of less 15 mg/dl I use the capillary and free, but I have never taken more than two days.It is a pity that everyone does not work as well :(

FunSugarFree's profile photo
FunSugarFree
04/25/2016 12:36 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.