Be careful with Braun needles !!

Nacho_99's profile photo   03/21/2016 6:39 a.m.

Hello everyone, how are you?
Recently I went to the endocrine and the nurse told me that Braun brand needles are leaving defective, not in the sense that they can contain diseases or things like that, but for what you can see they are not of very good quality and that makes you notbetween sufficient insulin in the body.
I repeat: do not contract diseases or anything, they are quite hygienic, but they are of poor quality and do not provide you with enough insulin that should be.
In some cases you may not have noticed it, but before speaking with the nurse I used the Braun and had hyperglycemia for no reason.When he told me, I changed my needle brand and I am much more stable doing exactly the same thing I did before.
All the best.

Nacho_99's profile photo
Nacho_99
03/21/2016 6:39 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I already comment in another thread that these needles, many were obtained and since they did not take care to purge them before to see that insulin comes out, you were not putting anything or less than the dose and another thing that also happens is that they coin fatalIn the Humalug, you threw 5 minutes to screw them, after spoiling another 2 making attempts ... and another thing, many bruises came out and when I took them out of my skin I laughed a little, like a scratch

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 8:01 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

I have horror the pic ... I bought a 5mm BD box ... which are the best for you?

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
03/21/2016 3:34 p.m.

They are the ones I use, but I have the 6mm, which curls much better in the Humalog than those of 8mm.And they do not leave bruises or hurt or come so obstructed.The 8mm were a horror.

Anyway, it should always be purged with 2 units, any type of needle, up to BD, to avoid surprises.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
03/21/2016 3:37 p.m.

For me the BD.
I have not tried Braun of Braun but those of 8mm from Guard Court

Gala's profile photo
Gala
03/21/2016 3:53 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

We use the 4 mm 32g BD.Sometimes some needles are also defective.
We are trying to get the Nanopass 4 mm 34g from Germany.

hoyos9's profile photo
hoyos9
06/26/2017 9:42 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.