Islet transplant with immunosuppression at the moment without rejection

DiabetesForo's profile photo   09/10/2015 10:20 a.m.

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2015 10:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Immunodepression for life and a thousand possible complications.It is not worth us.

That they stop bullshit of transplants, and look for how to "re -educate" our immune system so that our own beta cells do not attack.
At the moment the studies in this regard are very poor, they have no idea how to do it, I don't think I live to see it.

Another thing is encapsulated beta cells, it is already being tested in humans and is in the phase of seeing if they are safe, it is already known that they work, although not to what extent.
If they pass the security phase, my hopes will be very high, in about five years we could forget insulin, or at least need much less.All with a small implant.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/10/2015 12:31 p.m.

Well, if it works, it is worth it, with the problems of immunosuppression included

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/10/2015 2:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Here you can read more information about a cell transplant: Link

fer's profile photo
fer
09/10/2015 2:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Do you know someone immunosuppressed for gala life?Yes, and I don't change it, but not even wine.

Surely you are very fed up with diabetes, but we cannot throw ourselves into the river with the first "solution" that appears, that matches guns.

We have to have a little more patience, the encapsulated beta cells is really hopeful, I already planned to make a thread about it with all the information and interviews that I have collected, this weekend I will put it in the forum.

It is the only thing that looks like working in the near future, if it goes from the phase in which it is right now, for me the most delicate.Of course, if this fails I already give up ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/10/2015 2:51 p.m.

Thanks Fer, I had not seen the link and that's why I put it.

Gala, I am with you, between immunosuppression and diabetic complications there is no color, at least for me.Not everything in the life of a diabetic is controllable, so if the transplant works, daily tortillite of pills, which will already come out better...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/10/2015 4:21 p.m.

You're welcome! Although I am more with artories, I am not sure that it is better to have the chronic immunodes, if it were something less aggressive and general would change their minds, but for now it does not seem better than diabetes ... I don't know...:-/

fer's profile photo
fer
09/10/2015 5:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

He does not care about you then because the immunosuppressants already take them.
If I were blind and the solution to diabetes implied to get blind to me would also give me the same.

Anyway, each one has an opinion, I just say that before killing flies to cannon stations you have to think very well.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/11/2015 12:05 a.m.

ARTORIAS, there will be those who are worth taking immunosuppressants to get rid of diabetes and their effects.They will be cases to study and see the convenience of the transplant.
What worries me is the method to obtain islets.If they are not grown on a large scale, there will not be even to start.I don't know if they can already be grown in the laboratory ...The solution would be cloning, and so on immunosuppressants they would need.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2015 2:04 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Artories that's why I say that I am worth it
There are also many types of immunosuppressants, not only corticosteroids,

Gala's profile photo
Gala
09/11/2015 8:35 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

How interesting everything you tell ... I suggest to the administrator to open a special section that is called "cure" or "hope" and that we put what we know about medical advances: BCG vaccine, encapsulated beta cells ...

I certainly do not intend to die with diabetes, I hope to see the solution.I will go to the end of the world for that solution.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
09/11/2015 4:19 p.m.

Good idea, roar, put a section where we put last advances aimed at healing.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/11/2015 4:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

My diabetes is very stable and has an almost normal life.Immunoderees are not worth me.But if someone is, welcome.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
09/11/2015 8:21 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.