By at night to 170 ... correct with 1 fast or just a levem?

Pauso's profile photo   09/18/2015 11:03 a.m.

hello,
I have little with this and I always enter doubts:/.Yesterday night I mediated and was 170 ... and I didn't know what to do.If you correct with 1 fast (which lowers me 40) or put only the "Levemir" (I put 6 at night).To the fnal I decided to put only the slow one.And this manyan was 130. You have done?It is worth clicking for 1 insulin unit ???If I had put it and arrived at 120 at night ... there is a danger of Hypo with the 6 units of Levemir?

Pauso's profile photo
Pauso
09/18/2015 11:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would have corrected with a fast, and I would have gone to sleep in 130 ... but each diabetes is a world.If I go to bed with 130 (not people, but Mg. Of glucose) I have no danger of nocturnal hypo, and I will even get up the next day with 120 ... but of course, I do not know the trend that you have at night.I normally go to 90-100 and get up at 90-100, without hypos or anything.Going to sleep in 130 and with only 8 U of Levemir I think it is not dangerous at all.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/18/2015 3:30 p.m.

Thank you xorxie ... the truth that one that still doesn't know how it worked at night ... but the next one I will try and I will get up at 3 to see how I go ....

Pauso's profile photo
Pauso
09/18/2015 3:49 p.m.

If you are going to 170 hours high.You have to go to bed at less than 100 and get up to less than 100, it is not right to go high to avoid hiccups

tica's profile photo
tica
09/20/2015 10:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

I would have done as @xorxie pull fast, but more than anything because the effect of the lesson lasts many more hours.
Think that if the fast lasts 4h you can have a descent, and you can wake up at 3h and see if you have passed or if it went well.With the Levemir you risk having descents throughout the next day, although for what you say I do not think it happens to you, and as @tica you are not afraid of a descent either.
In the end with time you will be the one who will know if you get a lot quickly or if you fix it.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
09/21/2015 4:27 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.