Simple explanation about what diabetes is.

LibreConDiabetes's profile photo   09/22/2015 6:23 p.m.

Who has not tried to explain to someone outside the disease what diabetes is and how does it work?In this post that I have published in my blog, I expose in a simple way, as explained in my debut, a way to do it.I hope to avoid the typical absurd questions (for us) from the one who receives the explanation.

Leave your opinions in the thread, since I am interested in knowing what you think about the subject.

Link

LibreConDiabetes's profile photo
LibreConDiabetes
09/22/2015 6:23 p.m.

25 años. Diabetes desde los 15. Hemo: 6,4. Lantus y Novorapid.

Comparto mis opiniones y experiencias en mi blog: http://librecondiabetes.blogspot.com

Complete it a little more.He explains that type 1 is an autoimmune disease, in which the immune system one day decides to ruin your life and attack your beta cells by mistake until you leave one.It clarifies that without insulin we would be dead.And explain a little what can happen to us if we carry bad control, the main complications.
Talk a little about hypoglycemia and how they torture you.

You can extend it a bit with simple explains.When you do it, I pass it to my relatives to take a look.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/22/2015 6:38 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I celebrate the enthusiasm, but I did not like what I read about type II.Say only "the solution is to ensure that the cells are capable of it, by administration of oral antidiabetics, in the form of a pill."It seems to me excessive simplification, but also ignores the first weapon we have to face the disease when it begins: weight, diet and sport reduction.That puts the situation in our own hands and not in a pill.And there is much more to say .... For example, type II can also use insulin ... then in the next section it says something, but mixing both types of diabetes ... That is confusing.I think you have to present them separately, as they say out there, as different diseases, because of their origin.
I think like Artorias, that you have to complete it ... but enough.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/22/2015 8:24 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thank you very much for your opinions.To say that it is clear that it is quite incomplete, but as I say in the conclusions section, I simply seek to present the disease a bit, without deepening anything.I will take care of that in the following posts that I publish.

As for simplifying type 2 diabetes to the pills, you can see in the next section that I say that this is only the base, but that you have to take into account the four pillars mention (medication, self -control, feeding and exercise).

And to differentiate between the two types, I also mention that I am going to dedicate a post to distinguish all the types of existing diabetes (not only type 1 and 2).

I hope that with the publication of Futures Post, I will complete all this, although many publications will be needed for this, since this world covers a lot.Let's see if I am little by little I improve and get the goal I have set.

Greetings, and thanks again for your criticism.

LibreConDiabetes's profile photo
LibreConDiabetes
09/22/2015 9:19 p.m.

25 años. Diabetes desde los 15. Hemo: 6,4. Lantus y Novorapid.

Comparto mis opiniones y experiencias en mi blog: http://librecondiabetes.blogspot.com

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.