Night hypoglycemia, one of the great fears?

fer's profile photo   03/29/2016 3:37 p.m.

Mercedes Galindo started his paper talking about the day -to -day life of people with diabetes, and putting in value again that one of the great fears are nocturnal hypoglycemia.

In a second part he invited two people with diabetes to which he has educated to talk in the first person of his hypoglycemia episodes.

The diabetes educator confirmed that pharmacological advances and technology ensure that we are getting closer to Diana.Galindo confirmed that there is more and more physiological insulins and with infusion systems that can be better dosed.In addition, the great display of current technologies allows us to better control hypoglycemia and therefore have a better quality of life.

Without a doubt, all these advances are of great help, but education and training in diabetes are essential.The two patients, Laura and Coral, highlighted the importance of having a good professional next to him and helps in the management of the disease.In that sense, Mercedes Galindo said that professionals have learned a lot thanks to patients, you are the great teachers.In that sense, he recalled that it is important to share, it is good to ask and have the healthcare professional.

fer's profile photo
fer
03/29/2016 3:37 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Everything that they say in the forum is confirmed, that the sick know more than doctors for the experience of years of care.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
03/31/2016 11:30 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When my daughter debuted, 10 months ago, her endocrine already told us ... in a few months you knew more about diabetes than me ..... and how much reason she was !!!!And of the educator I don't even tell you ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
04/01/2016 9:17 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.