Hello, new with 33 years of diabetes experience

Ele's profile photo   10/06/2015 6:01 p.m.

Very good response with the camp, Ele.I never proposed it to my Hcija, because I knew I would tell me the same.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/07/2015 9:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If it were a single fool in life ... I loved that phrase

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/07/2015 10:36 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, I did go to the "sick" camp and I assure you that it was one of the best experiences , and I recommend it to every diabetic child, because they are not only sick people like you, with yourThe same problem, and there are funny people, another serious, another passage, another ingenious ... there are people of everything, and at the end of those patients you make friends, and friends that you talk about is everything but diabetes.

Let the time of breakfast arrive and your 4 roommates look at your finger and click like you, see that, that is priceless, you feel integrated, for once you are not the rare, the different one of the group.

It is a mistake not wanting to expand friendships, and closing you to the same group of people, I will take my son to the camp, say it, because he will have a good time and will be a new experience, apart from the fact that he will learn new things,And for a few days he will feel the same as the rest.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
10/23/2015 10:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ele said:
... about things that have told us or have happened to be diabetic and I have seen that we have all crossed with a fool in life.And it's nice to share it.

When I was little, my endocrine told me that I had to go to a diabetic camp so they will teach me things.I told him that what I had to do was teach me things to go to a camp with my friends, not of sick children.They never proposed it again or my parents.Therefore, now technology gives us the opportunity to share things, that I had not felt the need before

@Ele, you have to share this on the topic of Link is great !!!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
10/23/2015 11:29 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thank you very much.
In this way, I would like to comment on @Anzazuleg because of my answer.First, I have already said it in this forum, I have never had the imperative need to speak with other diabetics.It may have been a mistake, and I have not discovered the advantages so far, but it has been for 33 years of my life.If when you put the word sick, you want to imply that you have felt offended by my comment, I'm sorry, but then you're much closer to my position than you think.I can't deny that I have a disease, but I don't want to be just that.The reality is that our society discriminates the different, and I have fed up with the poorI would like to be able to click naturally in front of people, without hearing or seeing nonsense.But that is me and my diabetes.Of course you would have a good time in the camps, because you went with Maja and Punto people.I probably later left home alone, but the first trip I made my friends helped me get ice for the thermos in which vials of insulin took them at that time and is already.Later in college I met another diabetic girl and the truth is that it always seemed like a firecracker.By
To put humor, to see if we stop celebrating Gay Pride Day, because being gay did not mean anything.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/23/2015 10:05 p.m.

Hello, I think that one thing is to be diabetic and another thing is the character of each one.As you have said here, I sincere myself in this forum than in my house, because ours is a disease in which you have to have enough knowledge to advise or understand, and we only know that.The time I can be at home with my people prefer that my diabetes be "invisible" to others, because they cannot solve anything even if they try.Instead we are a group of people with many things to share and learn.

Then when you go there and people look at you the sensor's patch because the same, me neither fu nor fa, others have fun and others are pissed off, that is the character of each one.

I understand that it is reserved, that does not mean that it is ashamed of anything...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/29/2015 6:43 p.m.

@kraken
That happens to me exactly, many times when I'm worried high or low is that I don't say it at home either.But it is Didicil to take this so many years alone, in the end you have to tell all your problems of up and down to someone, online or whatever.This is the good thing about this forum.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/29/2015 8:03 p.m.

Good, I am new in this forum and debut in the year 98 after a meniscus operation. I greet everyone.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
10/30/2015 10:43 a.m.

@Joken welcome, I also have little in the forum and it has already helped me a lot

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/30/2015 4:38 p.m.

Thanks Ele, greetings.

Joaken's profile photo
Joaken
10/31/2015 12:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.