{'en': 'HERMES GAMONAL TENERATOR HIS DAUGHTER WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES', 'es': 'Tenista Hermes Gamonal cuida de su hija con diabetes tipo 1'} Image

HERMES GAMONAL TENERATOR HIS DAUGHTER WITH TYPE 1 DIABETES

fer's profile photo   06/23/2015 8:55 a.m.

The former National Racket of Chile spends about 400 thousand pesos per month on the treatment of her daughter suffering from type 1 diabetes. "It is impossible to win this tournament, because it is a chronic disease," Gamonal said.

Only three years is the daughter of the former national tennis player to stand out in the 2000s, Hermes Gamonal.Everything was fine, until the little girl was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, the same disease suffered by Gamonal.

From the disease of her daughter Rafaela, the former national racket learned a year of life.“I had just a year.We arrive at the clinic with 817 glycemia, which is very high.He spent five days at the clinic.The doctors wondered how he survived, ”said the former athlete.

Currently Rafaela's disease has been well controlled thanks to a state -of -the -art device, which is called "glycemia pump."The problem is the high cost of the machine, added to remedies and other inputs.About five million pesos spent Gamonal for acquiring the machine and 400 thousand pesos monthly approximately disbursement in month by month.

“It is impossible to win this tournament because it is a chronic disease, but at least I am fortunate to be able to compete every day.I am lucky to pay for that bomb.I wish everyone had that option, ”he said.

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2015 8:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Here you can watch a video, Link

Greetings

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
06/23/2015 8:01 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Very good the video, something commercial, but I have not been able to prevent my heart from being scored when the girl speaks, if it costs me, with 3 years ... Buuuf ... I admire the parents like these !!!

fer's profile photo
fer
06/23/2015 8:17 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

It is not for less, fer.

cprincep's profile photo
cprincep
06/23/2015 9:35 p.m.

Diabetico tipo 1 des del 1992
Bombero des del 2015
Animas vibe + dexcom g5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.