What happened with inhaled insulin ???

aranzazuleg's profile photo   06/25/2015 11:48 a.m.

I remember that a study arrived years ago, even diabetics that signed up for the tests, and it was for an inhaled insulin treatment.

From this the veterans remember, because it sounds to me that it came out many years ago and in the end it was not advanced or because it did not work.

Following the patch is intelligent that they say that it will take out, I have remembered this other ... but what was it that ???

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/25/2015 11:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Inhaled insulin retired after a time to leave because it was related to cancer problems, I put you here one of the topics in which we treat it.

Link

Here the issue of exubera withdrawal:

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/25/2015 12:34 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I just published the 2007 news about the exubera withdrawal.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
06/25/2015 12:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Now the one that is available (at least in the US) is Afrrezza.It comes in dose of 4 or 8 units in a much smaller inhaler than that of exubera and its strong point (apart from being inhaled) is that its action peak is much faster (15 minutes) and is out of the faster bodyAlso, so it seems that it is going very well to control postpandracial glycemia.I leave you a couple of links where you talk about it:

Link
Link

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/25/2015 7:37 p.m.

But as always here, Spain will not arrive.
The inventions ... removing the Dexcom and the Minimed and the Frestyle and the pumps ... which are the ones that have arrived, everything else, water of borajas

Gala's profile photo
Gala
06/25/2015 9:23 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

In my case, they were about to wear it when they withdrew it, since Lipodistropias came out when I click with another insulin I used, and my doctor of that time thought that the same with the unhappy would go better.They even made the spirometry test to see if my lungs would endure the inalaciones, but I remember that many factors had toGuidelines, they said it was not so effective ... total that then they already dismissed him, but my doctor told me that he simply did not come out profitable for pharmaceuticals, and withdrew him.Luckily new insulins came out and they also changed my doctor, a success :)

valky's profile photo
valky
06/25/2015 11:27 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

thanks for the information :)

Hopefully that intelligent to arrive in Spain and that it really works without problems.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/26/2015 9:38 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.