Controls after meals.

RocioLlinares's profile photo   06/30/2015 3:39 p.m.

Hello, my mother !!As I go, I'm going to saturate you with so much question, but the more I read you more doubts.
I tell you, I have seen that many of you control a couple of hours after meals (if I have understood it well), in case you have a climb.My daughter is controlled before each meal and the fast is punctured before meals, knowing the HC that you are going to take (we agree with it first what you want).Between breakfast (8 h.), Lunch (11h), food (13.30 h.), Snack (17.30 h) and dinner (21 h.), Do you think I should do another control?So far, and we have been with diabetes for less than a month, we only control between meals before a possible hypo and at bedtime.
(It usually reaches meals around 100/120, in some cases below, if it reaches 80 we reduce two fast units.)
Is it convenient to do any more control?How do you see the levels?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
06/30/2015 3:39 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The control of after meals is very important to verify that the insulin dose has been correct.

When I started in this they told me to analyze me minimum 6 times (before and after each main meal).This until you already control your body and snow.Later they told me that before each meal to adjust the dose and that from time to time I would make sporadic subsequent controls.Thus I have thrown a lot of years (I have had a very long honeymoon), but now, when the venture has enough years of evolution is necessary a minimum of controls before and after meals and when physical exercise is done.

I think you should do them before and then until you know enough how your daughter works, although the most indicated to decide is your endocrine

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/30/2015 6:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello again @rociollinares, for what you say, it seems that it carries good controls, I imagine that you are pointing them in a notebook or app, if you do not have an app, take a look at that of the forum, which can be helpful (clickIn Apple or Android icons on any forum page to download, they are free).

If you maintain the levels you say, I would not prick you anymore, in the long run you will have your sore fingers with so much puncture, I only see that you can improve if you use an MCG, if not, it is already on the right track!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
06/30/2015 7:07 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Rociollinares I now have the Dexcom but before I looked at my glucose before and after each meal.Measure after eating helps you know if you have well adjusted insulin/carbohydrates for fast insulin.Of course, I usually only make 3 meals a day.

In your case, I agree with @Fer, I don't think I need more controls.When making 5 meals the pre of a meal is already the post of the previous one and also, it seems that it has quite good values.It will be many punctures and I do not know if you will give you much more information than you already have since it does not spend much time between one meal and another.

What maybe you can consider is to buy the Dexcom or the free, so you can see the full curves and you will save enough punctures.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
06/30/2015 7:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I would do controls after eating, it is the only way you have to know that you are not falling short with the fast insulin.Although it reaches the next meal well, it may have had a peak in the middle and it has put more than 200. At least try to make it a few days to see if it is fine between meals or not!Because it is true that eating so many times a day they run over your controls.

Laire's profile photo
Laire
06/30/2015 10:29 p.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.