{'en': 'Technological aid for initiates', 'es': 'Ayuda tecnológica para iniciados'} Image

Technological aid for initiates

Ele's profile photo   10/12/2015 10:32 a.m.

Hello everyone!

As you know I am very new in the forum, and now I am considering putting an insulin bomb.

I am ashamed to ask you the following questions, but it is that with so much information, commercial houses and that I am making a mess of noses.

I understand if I put on the Medtronic bomb, take the pump and a glucometer that is like a kind of remote control with which I tell the bomb what I want me to do?

In addition, some have a continuous measurement sensor, which also needs a receiver or phone to know the blood glucose levels.

And here comes my million -sized question, or is not invented, or it costs a pasture ...

Is there the possibility that this sensor tells the pump what you have to do according to glucose levels?

Is that what I have seen call the artificial pancreas and that my endocrine says that I don't think about it?

Why now, how many devices do you have to take in tow?

I have seen that there are real experts here on these issues, I hope you have not given you a lot to see my question, but at this level I find myself

Kisses!

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 10:32 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not have a bomb but I am empoling how each bomb is going to see which one that combines me the most, love what I say.
Let's see, the Mectronic bomb, the 640g minimed that I imagine that you are going to carry for what you say, it can (or not) carry an associated MCG that sends the results to that command/gluclometry.What this pump does, if it carries the MCG, is that it goes out when the nicels fall to a certain predetermined amount, and then the infusion resumes again when it notes that the values ​​have risen.
Since when you eat she alone do things like not, one day it will arrive, I hope that very soon but for now this is the best in devices.
You would have to wear the MCG sensor and the pump's catheter, and then the pump and control in the bag (or not if not if you handle it from the flask directly, it seems more closure to me but the control butthat already each ..)
What I do not know if they have told you is that the MCG does not subsidize the SS, that you have to pay it, I think they are € 240 per month.
I hope I clarified something

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 11:12 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you very much Gala
Yes, you have clarified things.I see that the advantage of carrying the continuous meter is that the pump can be extinguished if low from a level and resume if it rises.For me this is one of the things that I like the most with respect to multidosis.Another of the things that seems positive is to get rid of the Lantus, which I have a little crossed.
Before getting into the meter and the pasta that costs, I will first have to see how I apply with the pump, I suppose.
Thank you very much I will tell you tomorrow after the session

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 11:31 a.m.

Man The meter ranses a lot of and atility apart from making the pump go out in forecast to a decrease.
It helps you a lot to adjust insulin, see how you burn meals, what things make you more peak, the hours of natural glucose ascent, how long it takes to make insulin effect and how long it lasts ... and of course avoidHypoglycemia and correct quickly before Terner great climbs.
I carry the Dexcom and do not take it off, if I have to choose between bomb or the dexcom, I certainly keep the dexcom, yes, it is money

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 1 p.m.

If to discover all those inexplicable things that happen to us even if you do everything "correct"
Compared to that of Medtronic how much is the Dexcom.And it could be adjusted with the pump even if it is not the same.I guess the commercial will tell me about the advantages of Medtronic

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 1:16 p.m.

I have tried the 2 mcg, (the one of Mectronic called Enlite and the Dexcom) I like the DEXCOM for several things: the Mectronic Sensors Duran 3 days expandable to 6 and the Dexcom minimum 2 weeks, to myThey usually last 4, with which the cost is lowered and you save some clicks.
On the other hand, the Sensor-Transmitter set that of Medtronic is like a kind of shell that was hooked with clothes all the time because what seems like a shell is the transmitter and that is not subject to the skin, I think they haveImproved that a little and finally the transmitter every week you have to load it that the Dexcom lasts a year, well it lasted, it is rumored that the Dexcom that leaves at the end of the year will last only 3 months.
Price, when I tried the Dexcom sensor, it came out at € 90 (with € 75 subscription) for 7 fixed ampliable days to 15 and then each one can, I already tell you that I lengthened almost 4, 4 or even 5 or even 5weeks and that of Medtronic € 60 but of course for 6 days, € 240 (it sells you for 3 days and is extended to 6) I mean than much cheaper Dexcom.
Here comes the bad, the Dexcom is not compatible with the Medtronic bomb, you would have to take them separately and clearly the bomb would no longer do the disconnection-cononexation functions.
The Dexcom is compatible with the Animas Vibe Bomb but does not have those functions or command.
I would like a Medtronic bomb but with the Dexcom, Ji Ji !!It would be ideal since we have to pay but daughter what one does not have the other and what the other does not have it ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/12/2015 1:57 p.m.

I see that there is no way to get everything
Thank you very much for the information, often mess.I'm stressing, you have to think many options, and none still calls me
Thank you very much, these comments help me a lot

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/12/2015 3:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.