{'en': 'Run with type 2 diabetes, you should know ...', 'es': 'Correr con diabetes tipo 2, debes saber...'} Image

Run with type 2 diabetes, you should know ...

fer's profile photo   04/11/2016 12:12 p.m.

A single exercise session improves glucose levels (blood sugar).Of course, at greater intensity, duration and frequency, the benefits are even more noticeable.If you are type 2 diabetic, and you are running, you are on the right path, although you must have certain precautions: it is our theme today.

1. Before starting, consult your doctor.In general, it is always advisable to consult a doctor before starting with any exercise program, and more if you have any health problems.First eat the type of activity you want to do, to tell you if possible.It is important to talk with him the schedules where you plan to run, in case it is necessary to make any adjustment to your medicine.

2. Know yourself.Do not forget to be monitoring your glucose levels, so that you know how you respond to training and thus, the day of your competition, you will not have any problem.Listen to your body: Before any discomfort it is better to stop and see where it comes from.Remember that before starting to run, your glucose levels should not be below 100 mg/dl or above 250. If it is below, you must eat something before starting, for example, a fruit and a fist of almonds.If your glucose is high, it is better to wait for it to be normal to run.

3. Learn to treat hypoglycemia (low sugar), for emergencies.It is rare that in a type 2 diabetes, hypoglycemia or sugar dowers are given, it happens more frequently to people who already take insulin.However, you should know what to do in such an emergency.First, to be able to prevent risks, it is important that you always carry a sweet, juice cookies.Site you get to feel anxious, dizzy, with a headache or chill, you have hypoglycemia, and you must consume something immediately.Keep in mind that just as glucose raises us quickly, it goes back down, so, as soon as you feel better you should eat something else, for example, peanuts, or two slices of ham, so you will avoid feeling bad again.

4. Take care of your diet.Especially if you are trying to lose weight, you must take care of your consumption of carbohydrates (carbohydrates), if your activity is mild, it is not necessary for compensation to consuming more.Remember that the more intense training, the greater the energy needs.It is important to hydrate and eat well, because due to diabetes, in case of decompensation, the risks are much greater.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/11/2016 12:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Great Fer article, I've been disconnected for a few days and I hadn't read the forum, to see if I'm going up to date.
Important also if the exercise is intense and long -lasting even if it is a type II is to make at least one small overload of carbohydrates.
Continuous glucose levels improve considerably.
Well and from here to encourage all type I diabetics and type II to do sports, and tell you that it is never too late to start, I know one who started very late and with a lot of sacrifice and effort does small things already, but their illusion canfirst of all.It is not easy but his physical and psychic health has improved a lot.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/12/2016 8:44 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I liked to know this ... in a few months when I give birth and have time :)) I want to encourage myself to run a little every day.

pikelinda's profile photo
pikelinda
04/13/2016 11:54 a.m.

Diagnosticada en 2015 tipo 2/Mody??
Controlada con dieta y ejercicio
Ultima hemo: 5.5

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.