The Municipal Center for Nutrition and Diabetes Care (Cemanud) of DIF Mérida relaunched its diabetes education program, called "7 steps of control".

He informed that the program is voluntary access and aims to adequate the proper treatment of this evil that records a high incidence rate in Mexico and the entity.

In a statement, in which she cited the Cemanud coordinator, Leticia Mena Macossay, the City Council of Mérida said that "7 steps of control" identifies well the measures and how easy the follow -up can be for a correct treatment of diabetes.

He said that currently at CEmanud serves 234 people with this disease, a figure that is still increasing because people have the option of entering the six -month program, every Monday of the week.

He pointed out that since they started the current administration, there has been an increase in beneficiaries, so on average every Monday they reach us between three to eight new people.

"In addition, we give the service to another 60 people in three police stations, with the support of the Marist University, and soon we will open the mutual aid group, so that the graduates of this program, which was launched in January 2015, continue giving itThe appropriate monitoring of her illness, "added the official.

The relaunch of the “A 7 Steps of Control” program was carried out in a physical activation held this weekend in the courtyard of the composers of the Municipal Palace of Mérida, where members of different selections and clubs of the Department of the Elderly attended the Department of Elderlyof the DIF Mérida.

Also, beneficiaries of the Diabetes program, both from Mérida, and the Commission of Xcunyá, Komchén and Sierra Papacal.

In turn, Estela Silva Cahuich, originally from the Komchén police station, assured that her health has also significantly improved since the program was integrated, because "they help us learn to live with diabetes, to control it.

"I have also learned to eat better, to make physical activation and use my consultations well with the doctor, now I know that I must ask you to check my feet, eyes, ears and our medications, we have learned all that.