During the working day

jmanhuer's profile photo   10/17/2015 2:54 a.m.

In these last two weeks I have had quite severe hypo, without losing knowledge but slow recovery.And it has happened to me at work.I have requested unpaid permits to be able to leave how bad I was.scarce times happened to me in the 22 years he had been working.And now some doubts arise.
And if for a hip/hyper, are you late to work?Or do you have to get out of it?How should it proceed?
Thank you!

jmanhuer's profile photo
jmanhuer
10/17/2015 2:54 a.m.

Diabético tipo 1 , desde los 15 años. Lantus & humalog

Hi @jmanhuer, I suppose that in the same way as if you are late for other reasons (traffic, etc ...), it will depend on the company where you work, in my case, I have never had problems for this, the important thing is thatFirst you recover (if it is a hypo) and then go in a position to work, normally a descent was corrected in 30 minutes or so ... for a hyper I never remember that I have affected me in this regard, what I do is doSome extra control and calculate insulin corrections, which can be done with a visit the sink.

Here I leave you a related topic in case you want to read it.

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
10/17/2015 3:55 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I don't know what diabetics you will have asked to do that study ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/17/2015 5:31 a.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

In the 15 years that I have been working, not a single minute I have lost for diabetes.My only decline has been maternity and I was working up to two and weeks before giving birth.As there are already other threads that talk about that, I think it is a controversial issue.I have never requested an inability and I assure you that I have a job of responsibility.I am neither, nor sorry and I think I have shown it.If one day you have a hypo, as Fer says are 30 minutes of recovery.Who has not lost any time ever .., what do you tell me about those who go out to smoke?And we have all slept one day.

Ele's profile photo
Ele
10/17/2015 2:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

For those difficult descents, so that the inhaled glucagòn that has just left will come well.Ask the medical

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2015 5:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Nothing further than talking about an inability.Although work or even symptoms should not be compared.
The next month I have an appointment with the endo, a question will be about inhaled glucagon
Thank you all

jmanhuer's profile photo
jmanhuer
10/17/2015 11:06 p.m.

Diabético tipo 1 , desde los 15 años. Lantus & humalog

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.