Check on Levemir

Alita's profile photo   07/10/2015 7:58 p.m.

Hello everyone.I am new in the forum and I would like to know if they have used Levemir and how they have gone.I was with Lantus 2 years but I never had good values ​​and my endocrine changed myself to a levem.The issue is that 10 days ago and I have horrible values ​​(not low of 2).And I always give myself the quick before the meals.I am already discouraged 2 years ago that I come wrong.If you can help me with some experience lesagrade.Thank you....

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/10/2015 7:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

If you are high at all hours, you will need to raise the slow dose.
Levemir is usually put twice a day, the lantus, only one.
Sometimes it is enough to change the Lantus schedule so that the control goes well.My daughter came very well to wear the lantus in the morning.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/11/2015 12:43 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello refine, with Lantus I already tried everything, I gave it to me x the morning later I changed at night and at the end at noon and I never had good values, I even gave it to myself 2 times a day but nothing.The bad thing is that with Levemir I have not improved much either ... I am very discouraged

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/13/2015 7:07 p.m.

Levemir's advantage is that being 2 doses it covers you better 24 hours since some people do not cover 23 hours.

@Alita tell us a little like your values ​​so that we can help you.Are you high all day?Before or after meals?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/13/2015 7:10 p.m.

Hello Inday, well I give myself 16 in the morning and 8 at night of Levemir.I always have about 2 pre -foods and post -meals ever less than 2.50 but if I give myself more d 4 from Apidra at two hours I lowers me to 060 or less, unless I eat many HC q is not my case.About 10 days ago I changed to Levemir, and I am adjusting the dose yet.Weight 61kg, will it be very little insulin what use?Thank you

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/13/2015 7:56 p.m.

Alita, and have you raised the bomb? That would be the sullion, pkrque the programs by sections and you already have detected in which you need more insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/13/2015 7:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

In Uruguay, the bomb and inputs are very expensive, and no health system x is covered what is very difficult to use ...

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/13/2015 8:32 p.m.

@Alita If these are always high you should rule out that you suffer the "Somogy effect" that is, you have low unnoticed that produce rebounds.Try to measure you at dawn to see what values ​​you walk, if you go down, try to lower the dose of the night of the night.If on the contrary you are high then that you have to climb the dose.See little by little, 1 in 1 unit, and wait a couple of days before making changes again.Ideally, you get up with fasting glycemia that is around 100 mg/dl.
Once you have regulated the night you can focus on adjusting the levemir dose for the rest of the day.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/13/2015 8:48 p.m.

Ok I'm going to try tonight at 3am to see how such.Thank you very much for your help.!!!The only thing that I want is to have good values ​​does not bother me to prick a thousand times or take care of myself in meals, I just want good control of my blessed glycemia ..... Thank you very much

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/13/2015 8:56 p.m.

@Alita I understand you perfectly, it is desperate to not get acceptable control when one puts everything on your part.But do not worry, surely with a little patience I soon give the right pattern.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/13/2015 9:04 p.m.

Thank you very much for the support.I have faith that I am going to find the return !!!!

Alita's profile photo
Alita
07/14/2015 3:47 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.