New campaign: "Diabetes does not rest, you yes"

fer's profile photo   04/19/2016 2:53 p.m.

Spain occupies the penultimate put in the use of insulin bombs as a treatment for diabetes with 4%.These are data collected by the Technology Group in Phenin Diabetes.With the aim of improving the patient's quality of life with type 2 diabetes mellitus (DM1), the Spanish Diabetes Federation (FEDE) has started the campaign "Diabetes does not rest, you do".

With this integrated system, the treatment of diabetes and the control of complications derived from pathology such as hypoglycemia is improved.In our country, a total of 1,235 new cases of DM1 in children under 15 are diagnosed and in this sense, 76% fail to have adequate glycemic control.

“The appearance in the last years of innovative technologies in the treatment of people with DM1, such as the integrated system of continuous subcutaneous infusion of insulin with continuous glucose monitoring and scientific evidence of their effectiveness in the improvement of metabolic control,Quality of life and clear decrease in acute complications of high sanitary cost such as hypoglycemia, is what has led Fede to mobilize and defend the rights of patients with type 1 diabetes, ”said Andoni Lorenzo, president of the Fede.

The new technology have helped the control of the DM1.For the control of the DM1 and the consequent reduction of its complications, try to achieve greater monitoring of the disease.An example of this is insulin pump, which currently has an integrated monitoring system capable of avoiding hypoglycemia in 83.1% of cases and warning the patient through an alarm system.

Despite the level of effectiveness and efficiency of therapy, new technologies have a degree of penetration in our surprisingly low country.Currently they only use insulin bomb treatment around 4% of type 1 diabetics in Spain, compared to more than 46% in Norway or 30% in Slovenia, the average of around 15% being located.

“The objective of the campaign is also to avoid, as far as possible, the inequality between autonomous communities.Currently, the different data penetration data by the Autonomous Community show the difference between Spanish regions, an inequality that increases given the non -financing of treatments, such as those that help monitor glucose levels, which causes differences in the possibility ofAccess to treatment, ”says the president of Fede.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/19/2016 2:53 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I do not get me if all the competitions must be centralized or not, that each CCAA does whatever you want since the politics does not matter, I am not of any party, perhaps I am strange, but what I have very clear that health shouldIt must be fully centralized, there is no right that depending on the CCAA to which you belong everything is so different in health.
What cannot be that the CCAA marry commercial houses or MCG, why will this happen?Will there be something behind?That each one has their thoughts, mine are clear, everything is based on contracts, contracts that can be classified and in the end marry the one who wants.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
04/20/2016 12:09 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.