Mendor Discreet

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/17/2015 10:32 p.m.

Hello everyone, I wanted to tell you in this post that I have acquired as a complement a new
Glucometer
Developed by a Finnish company and by diabetics.
I find it quite practical in its use in situations such as the Camboard Air Air or gral sports.
It's called Mendor Discret
I put the link in case you want to know more about it or if you ask me and I answer what you want to know.
Greetings for all
mendor.com/

And let it know that I have no commercial relationship with said company

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/17/2015 10:32 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

How much do the strips cost?

I have entered its website and I have tried to buy a device but they tell me that it is not available in Spain.

Here is a review of the device, it seems interesting ...

Link

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/17/2015 11:40 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

If I believe that from one moment to the other they would be arriving in Spain, it is also that they are recently being marketed, I was passing through the work and I could buy it there in Helsinki.
It seems to be a fairly small company.
The glucometer cost me 39 euros and the strips come in a compact cassette inside the meter included brings 25 units.
El Casette of 50 Cuesta 34.90 and Lancetas 100 units at 10 euros.
Everything is greatly integrated into the meter.
Let's wait for that if it arrives in Spain and that prices lower.
greetings

DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 12:33 a.m.

I don't see the novelty.My English is not to throw rockets but I don't see anything interesting.Moreover, I see it a fairly large break.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/18/2015 2:25 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

Hi Rafach

While it is something more of the same as we are used to I see him among his pros
The integration of lancetas and strips within the same device that is more discreet when we have to measure in public places.
Your cons I think they are the price and a little size.
The measurements are 10 cm long x 5.5 width x 1.5 deep.

DiabetesForo
07/18/2015 3:16 p.m.

rafach said:
I don't see the novelty.My English is not to throw rockets but I don't see anything interesting.Moreover, I see it a fairly large break.

Imagine that you are in a bar or restaurant, you can picharte without having to remove the puncture, the strips, make maneuvers with them, etc.

With any other meter everyone who looks at you will realize that you are diabetic, that you are clicking, etc ... with this device it seems that you can do it so quickly and discreetly that those of the other tables would not find out aboutnothing.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
07/18/2015 5:29 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Ok, is that as in the theme of the doctor, the neck never tries to see me click or things like that.I do quite the same as they look at me. That is why I have not fallen into that advantage for those who do not like to see it.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
07/18/2015 5:45 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

If you do not take it out of the case and you are a discreet one, no one realizes ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/19/2015 12:55 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Image up test

DiabetesForo
07/14/2016 6:28 p.m.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/14/2016 6:46 p.m.

I have not seemed much, for good meter that I had years ago, which was the size of a bic, just as long and fine, it was a normal boligraph, total that then changed the strips and had to change theirapparatus.

The meter of now (True-Twist) of the SS is smaller than that, and they give it to you with a cover (sock) that the puncture fits, and all this one does less bulk than the one you say.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/15/2016 12:29 p.m.

From the Twist True glucometer I wanted to put a photo yesterday and I did not know.It is very little to take everything in one hand.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
07/15/2016 12:39 p.m.

As @regina says, if you don't get it out of the case, nobody realizes that you are clicking.I don't know about you, but I already pay a pasture of my pocket for the dexcom ... I will not buy you when you cover them social security ...

albertot's profile photo
albertot
07/15/2016 12:59 p.m.

My daughter uses the Glucocard MX of Menarini, she is quite small, but anyway my daughter does not care to see her, she says that who does not like that she does not look ..... I see this a bit apparent, ifthey reduce the size ...

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
07/15/2016 1:09 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

I do see the dexcom or freestyle useful, because they avoid the puncture and that's why I pay, but the other .... I don't know, I am from the opinion that if they do not want them not to look, all they do isLess package in the bag.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/15/2016 1:22 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.