{'en': 'Detected cases of malfunction of reactive strips', 'es': 'Detectados casos de mal funcionamiento de las tiras reactivas'} Image

Detected cases of malfunction of reactive strips

fer's profile photo   10/21/2015 4:57 p.m.

Health detects seven cases of malfunction of reactive strips of diabetic sugar levels

The department of Salut has transferred to the Ministry of Health a total of seven proven cases in which diabetes patients obtained a very high and wrong result in the sugar level when the test is done with a glucometer or reactive strip.This was explained by the 'Minister' Boi Ruiz that has detailed that at the moment we work on `` assumptions '' because it is not known if the error comes from the strips or the device that measures the blood glucose, that is, the blood glucose.In the case of diabetics, an error in the measurement can have very harmful effects since variable insulin levels are usually self -administered depending on the measurements obtained with these home sugar tests.

Ruiz recommends to those who suspect a strange measurement that go to the doctor, without modifying their treatment, to repeat the tests and be able to check the correct values.Health has announced these indications to the Spanish Agency of the Medicine for the Ministry of Health to make the corresponding alert.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/21/2015 4:57 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Health has already issued the alert, it is for those of Glucomen LX, Link: http: //www.aemps.gob.es/inorma/notasinformativas/productosisanitarios/seguridad/2015/ni-ps_15-2015-glucomen-lx.htm

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
10/21/2015 5:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ha ha ha, they are the ones I use.As I have been up for a few days, I don't know if I'm to the strips: one more variable to consider.Just give an example: a few days ago, value after dinner: 212 (surprisingly for the unexpected and for the uncommon).I repeat the take to the minute: 167. And now, what to do?

litiño's profile photo
litiño
10/26/2015 12:16 p.m.

litiño said:
ha ha ha, are the ones I use.As I have been up for a few days, I don't know if I'm to the strips: one more variable to consider.Just give an example: a few days ago, value after dinner: 212 (surprisingly for the unexpected and for the uncommon).I repeat the take to the minute: 167. And now, what to do?

They called me from the cap to change the glucomenlx+ for the action.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/26/2015 12:53 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

But recently?Or as a result of knowing this?

litiño's profile photo
litiño
10/26/2015 1:02 p.m.

litiño said:
but recently?Or as a result of knowing this?
Last Thursday, this.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
10/26/2015 1:30 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

Thank you.I will take it into account.Anyway, I think that a method to check the status of the strips is to compare the results with another brand for example in a pharmacy, right?

litiño's profile photo
litiño
10/26/2015 1:41 p.m.

A few weeks ago they began to fail accu-check strips, the machine does not recognize them.With the faces that are for social security, I am putting them apart and I will take them to the pharmacy and the medical inspection to claim.There must be bad lots ..... if it happens to you, do the same

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2018 11:27 a.m.

mloureiro said:
a few weeks ago they began to fail accu-check strips, the machine does not recognize them.With the faces that are for social security, I am putting them apart and I will take them to the pharmacy and the medical inspection to claim.There must be bad lots ..... If it happens to you, do the same

Yes, I also use the ACCU-CHECK and there are some that do not even light the device when connecting them, as if they lack any contact or something.

But it only usually happens to me in one or two strips per boat.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
01/21/2018 2:28 p.m.

mloureiro said:
a few weeks ago they began to fail accu-check strips, the machine does not recognize them.With the faces that are for social security, I am putting them apart and I will take them to the pharmacy and the medical inspection to claim.There must be bad lots ..... If it happens to you, do the same

It is a month ago that happens to me too.In each boat there are a certain number of strips that, as you say, does not recognize the meter.

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/21/2018 4:50 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

What brands and guy are they?

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
01/21/2018 5:33 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

The ones I use are acu-chek aviva.
Such that these:

Alb85's profile photo
Alb85
01/21/2018 9:06 p.m.

- 32 años. Diabético Tipo 1 desde los 9 años.
- Tratamiento:
Tresiba (14 unidades)
Humalog (según actividad, glucosa, comida...)
- Mediciones: Accu-chek aviva y Freestyle libre

It also happens to me with some accu-chek strips.There is always some strip in the boat that must be thrown away.

efectodiabetes's profile photo
efectodiabetes
08/19/2018 12:27 p.m.

Hello everyone.Here in Puerto Rico they have not warned anything but in effect I have had different readings, which made me have 2 glucometers, to immediately compare, the other important thing is that the calibration solution used by the different glucometers.I have had readings as disparate as 199 vs 140 and that is a lot.Which gave me the basis to always have two readings and pending calibration.In addition, if I know that I am feeding correctly and controlled then I am pending those rare readings.

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
08/19/2018 3:15 p.m.

I also have the glucomen, it makes me rare measurements, I complain from the beginning, but nobody has listened to me.And for a while now, the strips are also failing.

No one has called me from the cap, they have not told me anything.No case.

Emily's profile photo
Emily
09/02/2018 4:10 p.m.

Diabetes post quirúrgica desde el 02/03/17, Toujeo, Novorapid, y ahora también metformina después de las comidas.
Freestylelibre 2 desde mediados de diciembre 2021, que me lleva loca.

Calibrate your meters.Have more than one to have comparable

DiegoA's profile photo
DiegoA
09/08/2018 2:21 a.m.

Hello, I am reading them because 4 months ago I have my diagnosis.I have a Guide stack and in this container I had 5 measurements error in.When Gogle tells me that this error is due to high values, but in all the times that error comes out again and my measurements were in rank.To someone else happened to him?

Luisa63's profile photo
Luisa63
03/04/2022 10:26 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.