Someone from Granada with Diabetic Child who can help me !!!

malefica33's profile photo   07/23/2015 2:25 p.m.

Hello compis,

I am writing to ask for advice/help/information ..... I know.

I have a friend, Celia, Almuñecar (she has a beach at Pozuelo Beach, great paellas).His 6 -year -old son has been diabetic for 14 months.He wants them to put insulin bomb and tell him that in Granada the children do not carry a bomb.Is this possible?As you know there is a royal decree that regulates the use of the insulin pump and in which the obligation to pump the children who request it.

Can anyone guide me?

malefica33's profile photo
malefica33
07/23/2015 2:25 p.m.

Madrid, 44 años, DMID desde los 11 años. Terapia: Bomba Accu-Chek Spirit Combo (Humalog). SMCG Freestyle Libre. Complicaciomes: IAM. Enfermedad coronaria sereva ravascularizada, retinopatia OD, DE Implante protesis AMS 700.

Hi @Malefica33,

Have an acquaintance at the Motril hospital, is the one who serves the Almuñecar area.The problem is that this hospital lacks endocrinology service and therefore the bombs sound like Chinese.The only thing your friend can do is request the transfer to the Hospital of Granada, which is 83kmts from Almuñecar and try there.I don't know if it will be feasible to be granted (the transfer).

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
07/23/2015 8:25 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

If your child is well controlled with the pen I do not understand because it will change your treatment, the bomb is not the panacea, it is not the miracle that makes your son who has diabetes stop having it.

My advice is that if it has good control that does not change.

TB Take a bomb requires previous training and go for spare parts to the hospital every three months and if you have it at 83km ....

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
07/24/2015 11:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

aranzauleg said:
If your child is well controlled with penStop having it.

My advice is that if it has good control that does not change.

TB Take a bomb requires previous training and go for spare parts to the hospital every three months and if you have it at 83km ....

Hello good,

Although with pens there is well there are other factors to change the treatment to insulin pump, and more in children, for example the psychological factor, it is not the same to click 5 times a day, than once every 3 days.

Obviously the pump is no panacea, but it helps a lot to carry diabetes with children, and improve controls in most cases.

MALEFICA33 If it is possible to move 90 kilometers (and everything that it supposes) to put the bomb, I recommend it, we have been with the bomb and we are delighted, and our 5 more years old daughter.

march's profile photo
march
07/30/2015 9:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.