Confirmed diagnosis: neurodiabetic polyneuropathy and sensitive ataxia

DiabetesForo's profile photo   07/27/2015 12:18 p.m.

07/24/2015 LAST HEMO 6.0, Diagnosis Confirmed Neurodiabetic polyneuropathy, after more than 15 years of type 1 diabetes.

And now what will happen ?????

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/27/2015 12:18 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Salvador, the truth that it is I have not found many issues in the forum that can help you, the first thing is to understand what we mean when we say "neurodiabetic polyneuropathy" and also "sensitive ataxia".

I have created these issues with the definitions, although I hope that other people (Foros) can give you more information, and above all, share the experience.

neurological damage and diabetes
Link neurological-y-diabetes

Sensitive ataxia
Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/27/2015 12:48 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Thanks Fer

DiabetesForo
07/27/2015 2:50 p.m.

@Salvador, what symptomatology do you have?

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/27/2015 3:35 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

@Salvador, the last hemo is very good, I don't know the above, but neuropathy usually improves with good hemoglobins.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/27/2015 4:03 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Here in the forum there is a boy who diagnosed him neuropathy when debuting with diabetes.It improved a lot in a year.
Look for the subject .., put something like ".. Type 1 diagnosis with gift neuropathy" .., there are several cases that relate it to good sudden control, but it has a solution.Let's see if Fer is looking for the thread, that I don't know ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/27/2015 9:08 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

gala said:
@savior, what symptomatology do you have?

According to my mother the symptoms: burning on the fingers of the feet with very strong pain, heaviness of the feet and tingling in the fingers of the hands, with little furza, some lost sensitivity, and a tic in the head, which whichShe was unconscious that she moved her head to the left side frequently, as if it were Paraquinson, then at the time of walking I noticed that she threw her feet inwards, this made us suspect that she could be ataxia since a relative was diagnosed 5years to roar chemio and radio ...... but returning to the subject, pain and burning on the feet

DiabetesForo
07/27/2015 9:23 p.m.

regina said:
@Salvador, the last hemo is very good, I don't know the previous ones, but neuropathy usually improves with good hemoglobins maintained.

Hello, never had a higher hem of 8, in 15 years, never,

My mother was diagnosed with root type 1 diabetes of an internal stomach bleedWhen she was taken to the Emergency Service, she was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, she had gestational diabetes with me from the 2 month of pregnancy until the 3 months of being born that disappeared, and at 12 my years of mine was when all this happened all this

DiabetesForo
07/27/2015 9:27 p.m.

Go @Salvador I feel the diagnosis, from now on it is very important that you check your feet every day and that to the minimal wound/friction you go to the health center to make a cure.It may seem a bit exaggerated but it is better to prevent cure.

Have you put any treatment to relieve burning and foot pain?

Inday's profile photo
Inday
07/27/2015 10:19 p.m.

The symptoms you describe are book, sometimes that burning or tingling is pain, especially nocturnal and very strong and very unpleasant
It is relatively frequent that when sugar levels are substantially improve, when hemoglobin descends very fast, they affect nerve fibers, especially the myelin sheath that is responsible for the speed of nerve impulse, it is like a cable in whichPela to pieces the plastic (myelin) and the threads remain in the air, more sensitive and makes nerve driving, hence the sensation of burning or pain and ataxia (motor problems).
Before it was treated with high doses, up to 2,600mg/day, which is an antiepileptic, what it does is to inhibit nerve impulse, we do not connect the nerve with the brain, because neuropathic pain does not send withsoothing.
Now they have taken Lyrica (carbapentin), a derivative that seems to be specific to neuropathic pain.Patients who have tried the 2 things say they controlled pain with the neurontin)
After the continuous maintenance of these good glymicic levels, it usually improves, myelin is regenerated but is very slow.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
07/27/2015 10:30 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Here the theme that @regina commented.;)

Link

fer's profile photo
fer
07/27/2015 10:41 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Inday said:

They have put some treatment to relieve burning and foot pain?

Lyrica

DiabetesForo
07/28/2015 10:59 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.