{'en': 'Can the height affect the glycemic index?', 'es': 'Puede la altura afectar el indice glucemico?'} Image

Can the height affect the glycemic index?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/11/2015 4:41 p.m.

Hello everyone.

As I previously commented on the other thread I am for the curro in Mexico City and about 2400 meters above sea level. It is the case that in the last days all the time with hyperglycemia.

I have modified my basal from Lantus A from 35 to 28 and at night I carry it in 135 and when it goes from 180 in the early morning I fix it with one or two units of fast Humalog.

What is a matter is in the morning when I always for breakfast applied 8 of Humalog now I have reduced it to 5 units.

After an hour of breakfast is 234 that is a lot and at two hours down to 162 and at 3 hours to 68 and this mosques me because as I do not catch the fair point and fuck me to be with that hyper all that time we are goingIt is a pass.

Breakfast consists of 1 te with little milk, 2 slices of toasted bread with butter and a slice of Iberian ham and cheese.1 hard egg.

Do I think the height if it has to do with something you think?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/11/2015 4:41 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Afterego I do not know if the height will influence the glycemia, it may also be that you are still adapting to there.How long you have been in Mejico.

On what you say about breakfast, what I would do is try to prick the insulin 15-20 minutes before to try to mitigate the peak that you do at the time.But, another option would be to leave it in two, leaving the second toast for a little later.

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/11/2015 7:45 p.m.

I think you are right about the adaptation, I've been here only here.
Today there was no hypo and almost all day I was in 180 to 200 eating exactly the same as yesterday.
To see tomorrow if when you upload 2 more units of Humalog I do not end with hip as yesterday.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/12/2015 3:56 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.