Free Freestyle in children under 4 years

mariah14's profile photo   04/27/2016 12:22 p.m.

Hello! I am Maria and I am quite new in this world (I showed up recently in the forum)
My daughter of 2 and a half years we tried yesterday the free freestyle (she gave us one of test her endocrine) and we had to remove it because I bleed and said that the dolia, in addition it did not stick it well ... so I did not knowIf you try again, put it on a toilet or leave it for later.
Anyone with some similar experience or what can you advise me?
Thank you, a greeting to everyone

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 12:22 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Ah we were also thinking of putting it for insulin a Medtronic Canula, but being similar to this (a needle that is inserted) gives me something ... do you know if the insufflon is better when I am inserted in another way?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 12:26 p.m.

Hi @Mariah14.We have been using it for our 3 years old for a few months.The change is a bit traumatic because of the stress that creates it more than for the damage (it really does not hurt).He complains that the principle tiva but does not last a minute.He is immediately distracted by something.I was also asking to place it correctly and it is better with dry skin, safely tighten the applicator and contract a few seconds before stretching.You can have some blood through the needle but you will not see it ... it is doing very well to see the speed of the descents and for the night control.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/27/2016 2:23 p.m.

Thanks @Mogi the truth is that my daughter in stressing is priceto see that he was bleeding and thinking that he will have that needle stuck 14 days (fear that is infected). The application I think we did well (dry skin, disinfected with the wipe and firm pressure when applying it) although a little more in the part in the partExternal arm that in the rear (with what moves is difficult to calculate exactly). We will evaluate whether to put it again because even a season it is good to see its profile.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 3:17 p.m.

The Medtronic Canula does not carry a needle stuck, so I saw, once placed there is only the route that is a flexible plastic that neither shows, similar to those we use for insulin pumps.

On what happened to you with the sensor, the sensor was not right, not only that it did not place well.The last thing happened to me, it bothered me and that is that when I took it out I was bent, because it is not normal for blood to come out, let's see outside.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
04/27/2016 3:33 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

When I took it out, the needle was fine ... and the blood went out when putting it through the hole in the sensor. I thought that it is the girl so small is too much needle for her and that's why I pass.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 3:40 p.m.

@Mogi Your girl is marked by taking it away after 14 days?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 3:40 p.m.

Hello Maria
In these days and for 2 weeks our 3 -year -old son has been placed experimentally.His endocrine has given us.
The moment of its placement was hard: we thought that a mixture of fear and pain made it wrong. It has been the only moment of tension.Another small handicap is that its arm does not have enough surface, part of the adhesive did not stick. It was corrected by covering it with a dressing (we were cautious).
As for the measurements there is a bit of everything, I will take out the statistics when the process ends.
At the moment we will wait for it to grow. We will resume the matter.
All the best.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
04/27/2016 4:51 p.m.

Hello @hijodetroya that also happened to us that its little bracito is so small that the sensor almost occupied and did not hit well (I was also going to hit it with tape). What made us "recular" was more aboutblood ... I spend the same thing?
I continue with the doubt of whether to try again (even if it is only a sensor to see the statistics of 14 days) or if to wait for it to grow ...
All the best

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
04/27/2016 4:55 p.m.

@Mariah14 does have a brand, but especially the adhesive that is gradually clean with alcohol, and a small marquite in the center that ends up disappearing.We change arm and area every time.

mogi's profile photo
mogi
04/27/2016 5:57 p.m.

Insertion is not painful, fear is the problem.However, to help you can use a little bit of emla or a little cold, I use ice in a bag but above all to insert insulin pump catheter for my child, but I don't think it is necessary for sensors

Papajesus1's profile photo
Papajesus1
04/27/2016 6:09 p.m.

Padre de Jesús. Bomba insulina y dexcom g4 share. Debut con 18 meses....ya con 7 añitos...Hemo entorno a 7....y mucha lucha diaria.....ya sabéis..poco dormir y bastantes miedos....pero mi niño es feliz luego yo también.

You do not worry about the blood, a couple of sensors have bleed me but being the sensor well placed the results are good, in fact, one was one of the best.

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
04/27/2016 6:12 p.m.

For Mary
To your question: he did not bleed, his mother and I squeeze his teeth and throw in front.We all have a bad time.This is serving us to familiarize ourselves with "diabetic technology."
We are going to wait for some time and resume the MCG, but if it does not improve the freestyle in benefits (alarm for hypoglycemia and others) and reliability we will move on to Dexcom.
Now our priority is to know more about the injection port, such as the Iport.It's about saving punctures, which is also important.
Greetings Maria.

hijodetroya's profile photo
hijodetroya
04/28/2016 11:16 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.