{'en': '"The greatest enemy of diabetes is the couch, moving is essential"', 'es': '"El mayor enemigo de la diabetes es el sofá, moverse es imprescindible"'} Image

"The greatest enemy of diabetes is the couch, moving is essential"

fer's profile photo   11/04/2015 2:54 p.m.

Are there any symptoms that put us on alert to a possible case of diabetes?

Type 1 does have symptoms.It affects the most young population.The pancreas does not produce insulin and requires an injection.It is not hereditary and affects 10% of the more than 30,000 diabetics in Cartagena, apart from 13,000 who do not know.It is usually detected by several symptoms: excessive thirst, urinating a lot, hunger even if they lose weight much that they eat and generalized tiredness.With glucose control the doctor detects it right away.

The treatment is personalized depends on the activity that the child or the adult does and what it eats.Type 2 diabetes is more frequent.It is characterized by insufficient insulin production and inadequate use of it.First pills are used and then injections.The problem is that it is asymptomatic.People think that type 1 is more dangerous, but type 2 diabetes can have years of evolution until it flows into a heart attack or stroke.

How should type 2 be acted before diabetes if you do not have any symptoms?

Going to the doctor once a year and analytical both the elderly and children and young people.The sooner it is better detected because if it cannot affect the sight, kidneys, heart, brain or feet, among other organs.

Diabetes, do you debut at an early age or do they suffer indistinctly minor, youth and adults?

From that you are born until you die they can diagnose a diabetes.There are children who are detected with months and people who are diagnosed with 80 years.The life we ​​lead makes more and more diabetes, every time we eat worse and lead a sedentary life.

You have to remedy with a healthy eating and exercise, at least three times a week.The greatest enemy of diabetes is the couch, you have to move, it is essential.It is a three -legged bank: food, treatment and sport.Children have to have adequate diabetological education, just as mathematics and language study.And the elders too.

Why, despite preventive campaigns, there are still so many people who have diabetes and don't even know?

People are afraid to know the diagnosis, but the greatest fear is not to be diagnosed because the damage is irreversible.

fer's profile photo
fer
11/04/2015 2:54 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

As always very interesting everything you publish.Thanks @fer

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/04/2015 4:21 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It makes me bad when they relate diabetes to sedentary lifestyle or poor diet ..
And they don't just clarify that type 1 is autoimmune ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2015 8:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

And many times, type 2, too.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2015 8:52 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

The vast majority of news and information on diabetes is for type 2. Type 1 are only 10% of diabetics and we are the great strangers, almost no one knows that it is an autoimmune condition.

When I read a headline I already know that he is focused on type2 even if I do not clarify it, and pass the subject.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/04/2015 9:29 p.m.

@Regina and @artories, I thought that we are type 1 we also have to exercise.Isn't it essential???

DiabetesForo
11/04/2015 11:07 p.m.

Well, it is good, of course, but in the interview he says that sedentary life causes diabetes .., is what bothers me ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2015 11:13 p.m.

Yes @regina, I have read it again and it is true.
By the way very beautiful the two !!!

DiabetesForo
11/04/2015 11:23 p.m.

>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/04/2015 11:54 p.m.

Of course, it does not cause it but it helps us maintain better control.We need to exercise more than people without diabetes to prevent complications.

rafach's profile photo
rafach
11/05/2015 3:14 p.m.

Diebetico desde hace 12 años. Ultima hemo 6.9%. Usuario de freestyle.

I love this thread.Everyone to move the legs is whatever sofa = zero always what each one can.Congratulations and thanks to the president of Sodicar de Cartagena that is involved with diabetes and children.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/05/2015 6:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I'm going to play soccer 7, to see if I am unrestranted and in passing I improve my glucose for tomorrow and last!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
11/05/2015 9:08 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.