Dexcom Contraindications with magnetic resonance?

nuria_NBA's profile photo   11/05/2015 10:08 p.m.

Hello, I am curious to know if the Dexcom meter is contraindicated in patients with epilepsy.Does anyone know?Thank you

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
11/05/2015 10:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@nuria_nba, in the manual does not put any of that

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/05/2015 10:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

It is galad, in some place that I do not remember reading something about possible interference with electronic devices .., I do not remember the transmission mode to a receiver ... thank you very much ... you are always there ... I tell you with you
Greetings

nuria_NBA
11/05/2015 10:30 p.m.

Of course, if you wear pacemakers, Nanay, they send you to take it off to make you tac, resonances and radiographs but the other day I was removed the transmitter and there was no problem and then I kept working.

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/05/2015 10:35 p.m.

It is evident to an RM that you have to enter clean of dust and straw: we cannot wear anything at all.And to the RX or CT manufacturers of these devices also usually advise.As for the pacemakers, they usually have warning, but in the case of the free it warns that its use has not been evaluated with this type of devices.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/06/2015 9:27 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, I have made a resonance last Thursday with the sensor on but without the transmitter that is the one that gives problems, the rest is plastic, except for the thread that we carry inside but the people who carry implants also carry metal and do not send him remove themTo make an RM, CT or RX.
I have not electrocuted, the machine has not been broken and the test has not been altered, the story is the transmitter not the sensor

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/06/2015 11:48 a.m.

I would swear that for a resonance the sensor should not be removed, only the emitter and above all so that our emitter does not spoil.As Gala says we already have the proof that it is so.Thanks Gala for sharing.
And I have done many radiographs without taking my sensor, the emitter if I remove it in case the flies and it is hard for me to spend the bitches, then I put it on and working without problems.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/06/2015 1:18 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Thank you all ... I still don't have the Dexcom.This week when I go to the endo, I commented to see what he tells me.I want it so much ... Let's see if I improve my notes ...

nuria_NBA
11/06/2015 4:33 p.m.

Today I have a resonance, the nurses go crazy with the dexcom, I am going to remove the transmitter, but the patch does not, I tell you after the experience ...

fer's profile photo
fer
01/13/2017 6:03 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

@Fer, calm that nothing happens, I have tried even with the transmitter on and no, I do not electrocuted or anything, heh !!

Gala's profile photo
Gala
01/13/2017 6:31 p.m.

In the case of the free sensor I have preferred to go without patch

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/13/2017 6:35 p.m.

Well, I've already left!

I share my experience, the resonance was for the ankle, it has been in an open machine, the sensor and patch I carry it in the buttock, I have removed the transmitter, but I have left the patch, they have been 25 minutes of machine machine, andWithout problems, yes, now I have to calibrate the patch again, since when the transmitter "a hair" remains, I had stayed with the sensor failure message, I suppose that in a couple of hours I calibrate it and ready!

Thank you all for the comments! I have been very facilitated by the process and going quietly!;)

fer's profile photo
fer
01/13/2017 7:47 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

nuria_nba said:
Hello, I am curious to know if the Dexcom meter is contraindicated in patients with epilepsy.Does anyone know?Thanks

Hello Nuria, yes, it is contraindicated and the brand advises to remove the sensor, transmitter and receiver before any magnetic resonance exploration (NMR), computed tomography (TAC) or high frequency electric heat treatment (diathermia).
Since magnetic fields and heat can damage the components of the Dexcom system and this to make inaccurate readings of blood glucose or that no alerts occur.

lebrijano's profile photo
lebrijano
03/19/2022 1:47 p.m.

gala said:
@nuria_nba, in the manual it puts any of that

Hello Gala, it is advisable to remove the sensor before undergoing a magnetic resonacy, since being composed of chips, they can find out and not offer a correct reading, which could imply a problem for your health.

lebrijano
03/19/2022 1:50 p.m.

gala said:
Well I have made a resonance last Thursday with the sensor put but without the transmitter that is the one that gives problems, the rest is plastic, except for the thread we carry inside butPeople who have implants also carry metal and do not send them to take them away to make an RM, CT or RX.
I have not electrocuted, the machine has not been broken and the test has not been altered, the story is the transmitter not the sensor

Metal implants are usually titanium and are compatible with RM, except for some exceptions.

lebrijano
03/19/2022 1:52 p.m.

jconegar said:
I would swear that for a resonance the sensor should not be removed, only the emitter and especially so that our emitter does not spoil.As Gala says we already have the proof that it is so.Thanks Gala for sharing.
And I have done many radiographs without taking my sensor, the emitter if I remove it in case the flies and it is hard for me to spend the bitches, then I put it on and working without problems.

Hello, for an RM, the brand recommends removing it.The sensor.

lebrijano
03/19/2022 1:53 p.m.

fer said:
well, then I have come out!

I share my experience, the resonance was for the ankle, it has been in an open machine, the sensor and patch I carry it in the buttock, I have removed the transmitter, but I have left the patch, they have been 25 minutes of machine machine, andWithout problems, yes, now I have to calibrate the patch again, since when the transmitter "a hair" remains, I had stayed with the sensor failure message, I suppose that in a couple of hours I calibrate it and ready!

Thank you all for the comments! I have been very facilitated by the process and going quietly!;)

The brand recommends removing everything before entering, since to remain with the RM patch, then you can give you incorrect readings.

lebrijano
03/19/2022 2:01 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.