Glucose pills, are they worth the hypos?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/20/2015 11:10 p.m.

Hello again, I tell you one more for your comments.

Yesterday with my wife we ​​went out for a concert and I already felt lazy although I was in 120, I drink some juice and keep walking.
After a while I always have a bottle juice, the security guard tells me that you can't get in glass and they take away the blissful bottle.
After a while I am going to buy a normal Coca in can and tells me the seller who cannot be inside the reice with drinks.
There I was already half muskent and my levels at 75.
Fearing if a stronger hypo came to me and with no hand we were going to liar
To all this my wife was already that lately there is no minute of peace with this damn disease and is right.
When I don't hyper hypos and all the time Machaca and crushed the fingers.

How are the glucose pills to you who use them quickly, can you overcome a slight hypo in how long and the most important thing symptoms disappear quickly?

dex4.com/products/glucoseablets/default.aspx

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/20/2015 11:10 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Afterego Without a doubt, glucose pills are my favorite method to overcome hypos.Moreover, it is the only thing that I always carry in my bag.To me the juices seem to me an authentic cognizage, weigh a quintal and also in my case it is usually too much, I with a couple of glucose pills ramming without problems and without rebound.Being pure dextrose, the super fast blood glucose raises, in 10 minutes (15 at most) you are already finding yourself well.It is not as easy to find them in Mejico but in the US in any pharmacy they have them and of different flavors.They also sell them in elongated tube format that is great to carry it in the bag or pocket

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/20/2015 11:38 p.m.

I use them and they do very well.They occupy almost anything in the bag and go up very fast!

Laire's profile photo
Laire
08/21/2015 1:33 a.m.

22 años. Tipo 1, debut 06/2014.
22 u. Lantus por las mañanas + Apidra

Thank you Inday and Laire for your comments, I could buy them, they sell them in 10 units tube and they are not occupied with almost space.
Surely I would have to use them, they did not sell them in all the pharmacies but in a large one I got.
They are called ESE DEX4 Action glucose 4 grams of HC.
They have cost me to change in Mex pesos to two euros The flavors are raspberry and orange buy two packages.
Already when I go to the US I will buy those giant packages that sell there as those of endless vitamins by the way.
greetings

DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 5:48 a.m.

Good that you found @alterego, they were also going very well, but they went out for a paston, since I had enough hypos at that time and opted for sugar envelopes, which is what I still use now.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2015 9:28 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991
Bombera desde el 22/07/2013
Última hemo 30/10/2014 --> 6,1%

For my daughter I always wear a juice and glucose envelopes.Glucose envelopes are more comfortable when you have training or a career, but the pills would even do even better.Do you know some who are individually packaged?Would there be enough to overcome a hypo?

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/21/2015 10:18 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

The Glucosport comes in plastic pills and roads, for what I see, the roads did not know, and you also have Glucoup, that people in the forum like, I personally do not like the taste.It is liquid glucose more or less.

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2015 10:29 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2015 10:31 a.m.

DM1 desde 1991

Thank you intruda, the glucup is the one that always carries on, and has traced well the occasional hiccups, the problem is that in the races, for its size, it must carry it in your hand.We will also try the Glucosport, since according to your photo it seems more discreet and less bulky to be able to put it in the running luggage.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
08/21/2015 12:30 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

sprinkle said:
for my daughter I always wear a juice and glucose envelopes.Glucose envelopes are more comfortable when you have training or a career, but the pills would even do even better.Do you know some who are individually packaged?Would there be enough to overcome a hypo?

Rocio are at least I think they are not individually packaged and I would not know how to tell you if with a dating, should it depend on the hypo, no?
I make you copy paste of an article that I saw, of course each of us is a world that will be seen if so.

The typical treatment for an episode of 40 mg/dl hypoglycemia consists of 3 tablets (12 grams of glucose, a simple carbohydrate).If within 15 minutes this treatment does not raise blood glucose to 90 - 100 mg/dl, it is repeated with 50% of the same treatment (that is, 1.5 glucose tablets, which contain 6 grams of glucose).
The typical treatment for an episode of 60 mg/dl hypoglycemia, for example, would be 1 single glucose tablet, which must raise blood glucose approximately 20 mg/dl ... to leave, after 10-15 minutes, toThe person at approximately 80 mg/dl of blood glucose

SOURCE OF THE INFO
Link

DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 5:20 p.m.

I use Gluc Up. You can buy it in the pharmacy (rather commission because depending on the pharmacy they do not have it).In pharmacies the boxes are usually quite more expensive.I usually buy them on the Internet, do not ask me in which because every time I buy I usually ask for enough boxes and every time I buy compare to see where I get cheaper.The last time I got the unit at 0.80 ctmos

It is expensive and curiously when I start with a taste, I like it, but after a certain time the taste is not pleasant (it is not unpleasant).They take in any pocket, fanny

DiabetesForo
08/21/2015 6:45 p.m.

Hi Compis:

I also use Glucosport, I usually carry it in the bike jersey and for me they go great, with a pill I recover from 40 to 90, if it is very low but I only detect it from that figure.
Although I also usually take advantage of the bike to inflate to bars hehehe I love !!!!.

Chimo's profile photo
Chimo
08/21/2015 7:03 p.m.

Diabetes tipo 1. HG 7,3. Abril de 2016 Bomba Minimed 640G

The same through the Diabetic Association can also leave cheaper ...

INTRUSA's profile photo
INTRUSA
08/21/2015 8:41 p.m.

DM1 desde 1991

sprinkle said:
thanks intruda, the glucup is the one that always carries on, and has traced well the other hypo, the problem is that in the races, because of its size, it must carry it inThe hand.We will also try the Glucosport, since according to your photo it seems more discreet and less voluminous to be able to put it in the running luggage.
I do running and Mountain Bike, in Running I carry a sports frog that they sell on eBay (adjust very well and are perfect for gels) very cheap with two pockets, and you don't notice that you carry it and there I carry the envelopes.
In Mountain Bike I have a small bag in the box with envelopes and bars, it is many hours and I need a lot although since I have the bomb I have decreased consumption.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/21/2015 11:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.