Tomorrow I start with the Tresiba any advice?

nigiri's profile photo   05/05/2016 12:56 p.m.

Hello friends, tomorrow I start with the Tresiba in substitution of the Lantus, so I have read in various discussion issues, there are people who are not happy, who vary the schedule ... Can you give me any advice?I am a little scared that it will have very high values ​​or severe hypoglycemia as I have seen here.

Thank you so much!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/05/2016 12:56 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

@nigiri I can not give you any advice because I have only 12 days and I am still doing tests, read the threads about three and stay with the good parts and this very alert with the negatives.The only thing I can tell you is that it is totally different from Lantus, more concentrated and more stable so if you come from a series of customs already caught that you had with the lantus with the threeiba they will not serve you and you will have to habitu.When you have been with something for a long time and you are well the changes at the beginning scare a little but do not worry that I think this is better ...

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/05/2016 2:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I liked the first dose ...

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
05/05/2016 3:43 p.m.

The lantus is doing well until I stop, it does not cover me 24 hours and I pass the afternoon very unstable because I get fast but it is just the time when I have more physical activity for what many days I have descended and if I do notI quickly get up to 300.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/05/2016 3:50 p.m.

Hello

I started today with Tresiba.Tips...?Those who gave me my endocrine.Start with the same number of units as Lantus.Correct the climbs with fast, and repeated controls.In about two weeks, according to her, one can adapt, although obviously each case is particular, and different.

Go Nigiri, you debuted the same year as me, with diabetes.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/05/2016 4:20 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

@Sorprendido to me has lowered the dose of threeiba with respect to the Lantus and has told me that at first I will be high, that it corrects but that it will be normal, that if in a few days I remain high that uploads the units of Tresiba.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/05/2016 4:29 p.m.

Hopefully as Sigsauer says that this change to Tresiba we can face it successfully and it doesn't cost us much.Everything that has improvement signs ... Welcome!

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/05/2016 5:01 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

Be constant, do not change doses every day.I do very well, I wear it every day at the same time 22:30 ...
Luck

nuria_NBA's profile photo
nuria_NBA
05/06/2016 4:56 p.m.

PATIENCE.That is the advice that I give you.

I had a horrible month and a half (constant ups and downs), I was about to return to my old insulin.But today, the change is positive, not to throw rockets, because it is not the panacea, but ultimately it is better.

rpk7's profile photo
rpk7
05/06/2016 5:41 p.m.

Finally yesterday was my first day and today I have been pretty good, I wreaked up today a little, 166 when I usually do not get up with more than 100 but the rest of the day I have been very stable 80 - 111 - 69 but then without peak,With 116 (I will have to get off the quick) and finally I have spent an afternoon without ups and downs, without a feeling of tiredness, I have been able to give my class of pilates without sweat or strange things ... before from the17:00 - 18:00 The Lantus did nothing and passed some really cumbersome afternoons, especially the days of gym etc. Thank you very much to everyone !!@rpk7 @nuria_nba @sorprende @CJDA @Sigsaue

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/10/2016 9:29 p.m.

I am glad that it has worked so fast, my endocrine told me that the Tresiba is usually at full performance at 6-7 day +/- and it has taken me about 10 days but as each one we already know that it is different,Well, now I am happy with her and I still download units, I think that from the debut I have not given so few basal units ..

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/10/2016 10:17 p.m.

Yes, that told me my endocrine @sigsauer but the truth that today I spent an afternoon without setbacks and that was not happening to me, we will see how the days elapsed!At the moment I am happy :)

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/11/2016 1:24 a.m.

As with Lantus, he does not control the mornings.Yesterday I went to bed with 130 and I got up with 230. And another day I will bed the same and get up well or low.I don't want to overwhelm and go to day.
@nigiri, for the best thing it covers me perfectly the afternoon.
@sigsauer, as I told you Cuesta, but it is achieved.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/11/2016 10:45 a.m.

@Anaisabel the opposite happens to me, I go to bed in 160 and I get up in 80-90 many days although others lift myself very similar to how I go to bed so that is why I do not know whether to continue going down the dose of threeiba or change the time like thisI still do tests.Thanks to everyone

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
05/11/2016 11:51 a.m.

Hello everyone.Today the endocrine has told me that the threeiba falls a bit, and the rapid of the night rises a little, I put 2 units of fast but everything is fine the hemo 6.8 The threeiba injects me in the morning.Greetings to everyone

pilerela's profile photo
pilerela
05/11/2016 6:58 p.m.

55 años con diabetes tipo 1
insulina tresiba 14 und, y novorapid a demanda
ultima hemo 6.8

I have had it quite uncontrolled today, this was already too easy to see how about tomorrow

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/12/2016 1:35 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.