Holiday glucose meter problems

nigiri's profile photo   08/28/2015 9:08 p.m.

Hello, let's see if someone can help me.I have the One Touch Ultraeasy meter and suddenly gives me error.It makes me error2.I have looked at the instructions and tells me that it can be an error of the reactive strip (which is already used) or a meter error.I am in Menorca on vacation and I don't know what to do very well.Does anyone have this type of device?Has it once happened to you?All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
08/28/2015 9:08 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

I had it, I made comparisons with several meters and that is the worst long in the market.
Link

There is none exact but everyone follows a typical deviation up or down, the ultra easy escapes, at least the one I had, marked what I wanted without following any fixed guidelines.It is also the only one that I have tried (about 10) that did not marked the hypos well.

I changed my meter and strips of you, since in addition to being bad it uses much more blood than the others.The ultra2 One Touch is very good but uses the same strips with what you would continue needing a lot of blood.Ask in the insurance to change it to you from Menarini, Bayer or any other they have.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
08/28/2015 10:15 p.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I have had the ultraeasy is not bad is worse.It is also able to always give you 50 and 60 mg differences in two continuous analyzes and a nonsense of times not only ever, I have fed up with it, there is no other worse.
They have changed it to the ONUC Select Plus and this is much better.Luckily I carry the Dexcom and when the values ​​vary greatly, I ended up doing 3 or 4 analysis and I have always tried more from Dexcom than that of the gossip.
Show it directly to the trash if you get another one.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
08/28/2015 10:29 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I used the One Touch Ultra Mini (I think he uses the same strips as the Ultra Easy) and the truth is that I have changed to Freestyle Lite because it also ends up very unhappy.The hemo came up quite a lot without blocking the glycometer average and discovered that the last lots of one touch ultra strips systematically gave 20-30mg/d less than the rest of glucometers.I don't know the One Touch meters anymore ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
08/28/2015 10:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have called Lifescan and they will send me another new one, it turns out that they will withdraw it from the market because they will stop manufacturing reactive strips.The truth is that until now I was quite happy but with these things that I read I am quite worried.What I need more blood when measuring, I had noticed ... Anyway.Thank you very much for the answers.

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/01/2015 10:03 a.m.

kraken said:
Hello, yesterday they gave it to me.

What comments do you mean about Easy?It is the one that I had until yesterday

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
09/02/2015 12:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.