Diabetics could soon forget the punctures thanks to the use of microwave

valky's profile photo   05/08/2016 11:47 p.m.

Link
"... It has begun to try a microwave -based method that would eliminate that need to extract blood periodically.

Researchers from the University of Cardiff, the United Kingdom, have released an interesting project that consists of a glucose monitor that does not require clicking the finger to extract blood, since their system is based on the use of microwaves to follow up on theglucose levels at all times.

These data are stored on the same device to be extracted later on a computer, or can be synchronized to be sent periodically to our smartphone through an app.This monitor sticks to the skin by means of an adhesive and has a useful life of more than thirty years since it does not use chemical components, it will only need to extract blood once for the initial calibration.
... "

And what do you tell me about this news?I think that if you have a useful life of 30 years as they say, it will not be too profitable for pharmacists and therefore it will never go on the market (: | But it is always interesting to know that new methods are still being investigated. Let's see ifThere is luck [-o & lt;

valky's profile photo
valky
05/08/2016 11:47 p.m.

DM1 Debut diciembre 2004.

The microwave could free us from the painful and very uncomfortable patches of current continuous meters.

But when they say something will be in 5 years ... bad sign.

Sherpa41's profile photo
Sherpa41
05/09/2016 12:15 a.m.

En 1922 descubrieron la insulina, en 1930 la insulina lenta. ¿Que c*** han hecho desde entonces?

I do not see it .... Surely when you send it to synchronize with an app they charge you or the "computer" charge you.Free will not be safe.And a 30 -year -old chip makes sense with how fast technology progresses.It will give obsolescence in two years.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/09/2016 9:07 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thanks Valky for the information, but I sincerely after 30 years of listening to things until I see it I do not believe it.I do not say that it cannot be, but until I see it will be the same as always.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/09/2016 10:15 a.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I read it, but well they said that in 5 years nothing, we will see what comes out and if it comes out.
of the price ... or comment ... first that comes out.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/09/2016 12:15 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Let's trust ...

CJDA's profile photo
CJDA
05/09/2016 2:26 p.m.

@jconegar, totally agree !!!!I think the same as you and I also add that after so many years ........... they only say that to make us "illusion with fairy tales" I believe it and I will continue as until today, that II feel satisfied and do not long for !!!!!!!!!

ani's profile photo
ani
05/09/2016 3:20 p.m.

I think it refers to that if you want to know how you have the sugar, you will have to put your hand in the microwave, but in cooking .., je, je .., ah and then suck your fingers ..

ajd's profile photo
ajd
05/09/2016 4:42 p.m.

ajd said:
I think it refers to that if you want to know how you have the sugar you will have to put your hand in the microwave, but in cooking .., heh, heh,,ah and then suck your fingers ..

ani's profile photo
ani
05/09/2016 5:47 p.m.

ha ha ha ha, =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) Very good humor @Ajd

ani's profile photo
ani
05/09/2016 5:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.