Senseonics is already testing in patients a CGM with a sensor that lasts 5 months.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/31/2015 3:48 p.m.

Let's see if someone has just finished off...

Link

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2015 3:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sorry to the adins, I was error when publishing and I have done it 3 times, I don't know how to erase the other two.I'm sorry!

DiabetesForo
08/31/2015 3:52 p.m.

I am sorry to be skeptical, but as they comment on their website Link to use the system a doctor has to implement a chip under the skin (with local anesthesia), lasts 90 days (about 3 months) and then theDoctor has to make an incision to remove it and put another one, to top it off the values ​​you get are not blood glucose, but in interstitial fluid, and you also have to carry a transmitter in the arm that seems relatively bulky ...Be that it is much cheaper than the Dexcom or that covers it social security, I do not see any advantage.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
08/31/2015 8:23 p.m.

I am optimistic, 4 cortechitos a year is nothing if it is "affordable", it is not necessary to calibrate it, it is accurate, it has alarms and is managed with the mobile.What subsidized the SS should be forgotten, I think.Right now I lose much longer to the nurse for reactive strips and tips of the feathers of what I would use to insert a sensor every 3 months.In the end...Let's see if things are coming to the street and we can try each one of what it seems.

DiabetesForo
09/02/2015 8:35 a.m.

I doubt that measuring in interstitial fluid is accurate, on its websIt is not necessary and that it is necessary that you put it on you and remove a doctor (to which you will have to pay to do so).Of course, I agree that these problems would be much less important if the system were affordable, and when I hope systems of this type continue to come out and with more competition on top all the batteries are put!

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/02/2015 4:02 p.m.

I think there is a great concept error with the issue of the accuracy of the "interstitial measurement."The interstitial measurement is accurate.In fact it is super accurate.But it measures that: interstitial glucose.Once that is clear, you can work with it perfectly for diabetes management.
And today the last devices are throwing Mard figures (accuracy compared to capillary glucose) that move below 10%.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
05/10/2017 9:56 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

As Hansolo says I agree with him.But I am wrong the most accurate as commented is Dexcom G5.
The case of introducing a chip I do not like, the 4 cortechitos if they are noticed and do not disappear, it is more, possibly over time they are noticed, a scar does not disappear so easily, it is more not disappears according to photos that are already there of that systemthat implant the chip.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
05/10/2017 5:38 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.