I have been diabetic, athlete and I like the party: D

Jose_Lito's profile photo   11/11/2015 11:58 p.m.

Hello good day friends.
I am 26 years old and barely have been diagnosed with diabetes for 2 weeks.For which reason I would like to know if they know of applications or glucometers that are compatible with Android or Apple.
Greetings.

Jose_Lito's profile photo
Jose_Lito
11/11/2015 11:58 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Jose, welcome to the "party" of all diabetics because, in reality;We all like it !!!But, notice that in life we ​​cannot have both at the same time and that happened to me when I had 15anos (last century) and now I have more than 53an of Diabètes and I still think ........... how beautiful were the parties those !!!Diet, punctures, write down all and every steps, analysis, dres.Nurses, hospitalizations, diabetic commas (in very high gral) fight every day to survive, well, do not demoral and continue to practice this beautiful "party" so that you are a very good example for all of us !!!!You will tell us more and more;A sweet greeting because my sugar, at this time this "by the clouds";ANI

ani's profile photo
ani
11/12/2015 2:33 p.m.

Welcome.You like two things that are complicated situations for a type 1.

Basically both drunk and doing a lot of sport, they are the two cases in which glucagon injection may not work.That is to say that if it gives you a strong descent and you are not able to ingest anything for yourself, an ambulance has to come shit and put on a glucose serum in vein.

Always take this to the fourth cubata.
I do not recommend any kind to get drunk, but it makes it take Dexcom at least.

PS: I really like sport and occasionally a good party, but always with caution.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/12/2015 5:23 p.m.

I pity you.You don't know the bite that has fallen on you.To do sports you will have to measure yourself before, during and after.Eating before, maybe during and perhaps after ... and, yet, you will not get acceptable glycemia.The day you give in the nail, be sure that although the next day you do the same, it will go wrong.And there will be your endocrine and your nursing (who have never had diabetes or play sports) always willing to take good broncas and give you their "wise" advice.To a person with cancer nobody blames him for having few white blood cells (for example), but to you, that you have type 1 diabetes, each negative result will throw it to you in face .... try to control the uncontrollable, slavery, guilt, guilt, uncertainty .... I think these are the things that best define diabetes.

Regarding the party I do not know, because, except for a culín of cider, I have never drunk alcohol, but it gives me that from now on, you will only be able to do it with "moderation" and with the roll to measure you, not have an empty stomachand tell your friends that has fallen on.By the way, when you are alcoholized the glucagon does not work, so the subject is quite serious ...

When you can, fight to get a bomb.Everything is less difficult with her ...
I do not welcome you because I am very sorry that you are here.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/12/2015 9:42 p.m.

Well .. that you can party and drink a little, but always controlling.
My daughter is no extraterrestrial and everything comes out until 2 or more .., the other day came at 5 after dancing all night .., it is true that it arrived with 200, but, one quickly, and sleep.Today comes from Pilates with 95 .. and it usually comes well.Drink something when it comes out, but it doesn't affect him much.
You are going to have to control and be aware of all this, it is as if you will load a backpack that you have to always watch, but things that will help you to normalize life will come out.Much encouragement!

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/12/2015 9:56 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I still party and I do not arrive at 2 precisely ... and when I was a young girl with 19, twenty -seasons it was one of those who came in the morning or went to the university on Fridays of the pull just like my group of friends did so ofStop going to party at all, huh!@Jose-Lito, what yes, alcohol ... Well, you can't go out to drink the Ebro, a couple of cubatillas nothing happens

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/12/2015 10:25 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Well, my advice is, sport you want ... Fiesta Forget yourself.You can leave but for me that it was going out it was to be aware of the sugar ... never enjoyed and it was rather lasted to give me a bit of diabetes and be the soda on duty ... because nobody will laugh at them thatI cannot correct, but not being able to drink and have to click and if ... it is also very easy to go from thread ... I do not know how it does not end some night in the hospital.Cubata, analysis .... Aunt come, you are not soda another ... second cubata .... analysis, because it has not yet risen, the third and unemployment come ... and after the third one and that goes toThe shit the diabetes ..... and then the fourth arrives, fifth ... the vomiting and the hypos ....

tica's profile photo
tica
11/12/2015 10:32 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Well, about the group's soda I am now when I go out to take the vermouth at noon, what do you take, Coca Cola and the skewer?Let's see who is the majo who can then eat at the mother -in -law's house with the gut full of Coca Cola, so to waters and you are the rare.
But partying, coca queues and waters and I am the joy of the night garden, also now with the excuse that you carry the car ...

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/12/2015 10:58 p.m.

Let's see before young man although now I still be hahahaha, I had a glass, now I can be laughing all night and spend it luxury without a drink and I don't care.
For me the Coca Cola Zero.
And sport because those who already know me hours and hours of training many times and happier than ever.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/12/2015 11:17 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

@Roar: For me to be in this forum I do not see it as something bad and less I see diabetes as something complicated, it is simply changing bad eating habits and ready, to continue enjoying this life.

@ani @Artorias @regina @gala
Thank you very much for your welcome, I thank you for the tips and encouragement, thank you.

Jose_Lito
11/12/2015 11:18 p.m.

@Jose_lito, I believe that @roar, he says it for the reason you are in the forum, that he has touched you.
Man is a little more complicated than changing habits of life because I think a little like @roar, that you try to do things well and many times you do not see you rewarded and this is control control and more control and mathematics at all hours, nothingIt is spontaneous, you now make a little bit that you have debuted and imagine that you will be on a honeymoon, that the control is easier but then more complicated, you have to count on the X files, as I say that they happen more often than oneI'd like.Here we have a phrase: 2+2 There are almost never 4, you do the same every day, comed the same and one day see 90, another, 360 and another 55 ...
But you have to continue in front and try to continue doing your "normal" life (which is not) but that looks as much as possible and enjoy the things you like

Gala's profile photo
Gala
11/12/2015 11:39 p.m.

@Gala, I don't know if I'm in "honeymoon" I think it's not.But thank you very much for the advice, then I will take care of myself but enjoying the life at 100.

Jose_Lito
11/12/2015 11:49 p.m.

Welcome to the club!And a lot of encouragement and positivity first of all!Take care of yourself, of course, but not limit!

pike's profile photo
pike
11/13/2015 9:53 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

The forum is wonderful, what is horrible is to be in the "club" of people with diabetes.

About sport, there are people who make true feats and it seems that they are fine.I don't know if it's because they have the best technology or what, but it is not easy to get those glycemia training seriously.

Diabetes means losing freedom.You can do everything, but always with that slab on top.My advice is that you continue with your life, but trying to maintain some control.And if one day you are fed up, evoke here :-)

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/13/2015 10:07 a.m.

Welcome that you have given him to fuck ... !!All negative ..

I am not the most partying to give you advice but what they have told you here is very good, everything that is in moderation and knowing what you can upload more or less will be a point in favor.Nothing happens to take 2 beers and 1 gin tonic (which does not have much glycemic index). When I debuted I took kalimotxo with Coca Cola Light and wine that practically does not upload anything but you have to see it, that yes, taking into accountWhat they have told you about alcohol and glucagon and taking into account that even if you arrived in 250 after having drunk, do not think of correcting with insulin and if you drink 1 or 2 extra rations of carbohydrates to avoid scares because alcohol isEvapora very fast ..

And as for the sport, what has been said, controls before, during (if possible) and then and depending on the type of sport to see your insulin needs ...

That it is a whore is clear, now you have to be with all the senses to the fullest and that a non -diabetic can do without thinking then, but encouragement and the bull ... !!

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
11/13/2015 2:57 p.m.

@Jose_lito welcome toocayo.I think they have exaggerated a bit.Of course you will have to change many things in your day by day.You will have to be more methodical and have more things into account.For example, if you go out and click Lantus once a day, you will have to calculate the dose depending on whether you plan to do sports later that day.At celebrations you will have to be more attentive to your glucose and correct depending on what you eat and how you are.

Today and thanks to things like free freestyle or Dexcom and if you have an insulin bomb they will help you be a freer "little".It will not be the same but who does not have something that conditions him?

I encourage and consider that this is going to be a 100 -year war in which you will win and lose small battles but that you will leave them.

Encouragement of one who has been on the way to 15 years

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/13/2015 5:54 p.m.

@joseludi to tell us that we cannot do sports for the beast hahaha and if not yul.If we are looking for greater nonsense and more hours.
Many not diabetics would like to do half of what we do.
And I have the Dexcom 3.5 years, bomb since July, and I play a little hard from 5 years.And before I did analysis and this is already.
Well, from 14 and now with 43 and younger than many non -diabetics of 33.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
11/13/2015 7:10 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

This year I have approved with note the physical tests of some oppositions, I already say everything.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
11/13/2015 7:13 p.m.

gala said:
@jose_lito, I believe that @roar, he says so for the reason you are in the forum, what a slaughter that has touched you.
Man is a little more complicated than changing habits of life because I think a little like @roar, that you try to do things well and many times you do not see you rewarded and this is control control and more control and mathematics at all hours, nothingIt is spontaneous, you now make a little bit that you have debuted and imagine that you will be on a honeymoon, that the control is easier but then more complicated, you have to count on the X files, as I say that they happen more often than oneI'd like.Here we have a phrase: 2+2 There are almost never 4, you do the same every day, comed the same and one day see 90, another, 360 and another 55 ...
But you have to continue in front and try to continue making your life "normal" (which is not) but that looks as much as possible and enjoy the things you like

ani's profile photo
ani
11/13/2015 7:17 p.m.

Gala, you are right in the world !!We must recognize that we live in another world that all non -diabetics live !!!A world of mathematics, restrictions, controls, medical visits, punctures etc, etc,
:) :)

ani's profile photo
ani
11/13/2015 7:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.