Where can I get a sample of insufflon ??

mariah14's profile photo   05/13/2016 7:58 a.m.

Hello:
I would like to try my daughter the insufflon, because he is very afraid of insulin injections and every time we are going to put it not for still and it is very difficult ... but before buying them I would like to know if anyone knows whereGet a sample or buy only one unit to see how the girl does to it.

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/13/2016 7:58 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

And another question ... can you bathe in beach/pool with it or would it have to cover it with some waterproof material?

mariah14's profile photo
mariah14
05/13/2016 8:05 a.m.

Hello, they gave us a sample at the Children's Hospital.There they put the first to see how they were and gave us another.The system is good but if the girl is afraid of needles I already tell you that the insuffion is great.We used an anesthetic cream (emla) to avoid pain.As you put every 3-4 days, we could dedicate that time to make the cream and others (anyway, as everything, consult the doctor this point too).Another inconvenience of the breathll is that slow and fast insulins cannot be injected, so if you have to use slow, those punctures do not take away.

If you can afford it economically, I would opt for I-Port.It is more expensive, but you can mix insulins, endure 72 hours and put it, according to my daughter, it hurts like any common insulin puncture.In the end with a single prick he saves about 20-25! ... I insist that he is very expensive, but if you can afford it, I recommend it.It is something more bulky than the insufflon (for a little girl may be an inconvenience, I don't know)

As for the insuffion and the pool, if your daughter passes the same time inside the water as mine (which I imagine yes), in the end it will take off (I do not know if "inventing" something you can avoid it).

Greetings and luck.

tmac100's profile photo
tmac100
05/13/2016 11:56 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.