Precision of homemade glucometers

joejunior's profile photo   09/03/2015 10:02 p.m.

Hello.I am using a Bayer glucometer.I have read online that glucometers tend to make a low glycemia reading, that is, they show a lower result than the real one, is this true?Isn't there a model that is reliable with a small margin?

Thank you all, a hug

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/03/2015 10:02 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Which one do you have?I have the contour Next and also the contour Next USB that I have caught by ebay, and both when I am 100 or less nail the result of blood glucose on the days of the analytics.While I haven't tried it yet.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
09/03/2015 11:22 p.m.

I think there is another thread in which they talk about the ISO regulations that regulate the precision that gluconometers must have, the margin of error is both above and below.
About buying them, if you call the manufacturer (Bayer, Abbott ...) and youYou have them, even if you don't have them), you can try more than one manufacturer and stay with the one you like best.

Con_Q_de_quimica's profile photo
Con_Q_de_quimica
09/04/2015 12:46 a.m.

@Artorias @con_q_de_quimica Thank you

I have this model: Link
It is the contour XT, and the strips they use are given to me in my health center, they say they are new and that they are better than those used before.I have no idea, I am very lost.I have read the manual but says nothing about whether the error is upward or down.

They also gave me the Verioiq, with color in color, much more modern.But the nurse told me that I was wrongly calibrated (I don't know why it gave me then; I don't even know how they calibrate).It always gives much higher values ​​than the bayer.

joejunior
09/04/2015 9:34 a.m.

The contour is going well, you can be calm with him.They have given us now and goes better than what we had.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/04/2015 2:04 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Regina and what do you think of the new Abbott meter that has come out, the "free", which uses an interchangeable patch every 14 days?The only thing that has a demential price, really, but seems very comfortable.The only thing that I did not trust accuracy, because it analyzes the interstitial glucose, not in blood.I don't know if there is a correlation, and if there is, if the meter corrects and gives the whole blood.Any data about this meter?

joejunior
09/04/2015 9:44 p.m.

Look for information in the forum.
You have comparisons between free and Dexcom, which is also continuous and more reliable.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/05/2015 12:50 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.