{'en': '"Type 1 diabetes: Why me?"(Mexico)', 'es': '"Diabetes Tipo 1: ¿Por qué a mí?" (México)'} Image

"Type 1 diabetes: Why me?"(Mexico)

fer's profile photo   05/17/2016 9:36 a.m.

"Type 1 diabetes: Why me?", Is what the psychologist Belem questioned the children and their parents who receive the news of suffering the disease, this during the conference given to the members of the Akam Surá association,Focused to accompany and support children with diabetes.

It was the first talk of a cycle of conferences that will be held during the months of May and June the seconds and fourths of each month, at the facilities of the tricentennial gym, starting at 10:00 a.m., aimed at families thatHave children with diabetes among their members.

The recovery cost is 20 pesos, which will be invested to give financial support to the members of the Akam Surá association, to solve the expenses of their illness.Akam Surá, "learning to live with diabetes," is a civil association that has been created to support families with members who have been diagnosed with diabetes at a young age, helping them accept their condition and find the ways for a correct stylelife.

During their exhibition, Psychologists Mónica Gutiérrez and Belem Retana developed the issue of acceptance and overcoming the duel for Pacientitos and their parents.

In a first stage, participants shared how their experience has been with the diagnosis of diabetes and what the disease has taught or left during that period, learning to live with the condition and cope with it.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/17/2016 9:36 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.