{'en': 'Freestyle and plane', 'es': 'Freestyle y avión'} Image

Freestyle and plane

Sorprendido's profile photo   05/18/2016 7:53 p.m.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to ask you if you have any experience when climbing by plane with the freestyle sensor on, especially when passing through those detector arches.

Greetings.

Sorprendido's profile photo
Sorprendido
05/18/2016 7:53 p.m.

Desde 1984 diabético tipo 1
Tresiba al mediodía , Apidra en las comidas.
Glicosiladas alrededor de 6,5 %
"Feliz aquel que reconoce a tiempo que sus deseos no están de acuerdo con sus posibilidades "
Goethe

For the arches I would say that nothing will happen.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
05/18/2016 8:57 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I will just go by plane for next week.I called Abbott and they told me to ask for a specific certificate to the doctor saying not to go through scanner systems.And I did that.Let's see how ...

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
05/18/2016 10:03 p.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

Yes, especially that I specify that it cannot be passed, because the one that makes you English puts if you carry a bomb and material so that they do not put you hit when taking and uploading it, but does not specify that, at least the one they gave me last year.
After commenting with other people who had problems because I did not specify so I have to ask again

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
05/19/2016 12:25 a.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

Do not see the one that lined me when I brought a role from the doctor not to go through the scanner with the Dexcom.They even called the Civil Guard to verify a history of me.

On the way back I taught anything and went through the scanner and nothing happened to the XDrip either.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/19/2016 1:47 a.m.

I have no experience but I would ask for a report in Spanish and English if you leave out of Spain.And because of his outside a video a video of how the sensor places, hehehe

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2016 10:47 a.m.

Yesterday in Barajas I do not whistle or anything.Pass with all the set: flash, needles, lancets, feathers, apples, cookies ... nothing at all

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/19/2016 8:47 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Back, the patch has not been and I have passed it through the scanner and continues to work perfectly.

davidT1's profile photo
davidT1
05/29/2016 11:42 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015
Lantus 10 (a las 14:00h)
Novorapid 2-4-2
HbA1c 5.3
----------------------
DM3 por partida doble

I whistle, but absolutely nothing happens ... it also always happened with needles and others and they tell me nothing, and see that he traveled to Algeria!That they are supposed to control you even more ajajja

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
05/29/2016 11:36 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

It is good to carry a report specifying that you are type 1 diabetic but nothing more

kerensammolina's profile photo
kerensammolina
05/29/2016 11:37 p.m.

Diabetes Mellitus Tipo 1
Debut a los 19 años
Tresiba y Humalog

At first I carried an endocrine report just in case, only in Spanish yes, for that of liquids and insulin.But I have gone through the Scanner and anything has never happened.Now I take everything in my laptop's backpack and I don't bother to get anything.They are 3 ml feathers that seem not to attract attention, in addition the shape of the feathers is like any pen.
With Freestyle I had my doubts at the beginning, but nothing happens either.I make about forty flights a year, and at first I worried that I would whistle and when the Lord passed, the hand of hand would detect it and form a mess.But I have already pited several times, they have happened to me, my hands have been looking for hidden things and nothing has never happened.Freestyle's battery is so small that it is not enough for it to be.And if one day something that I think is about is that you just have to stay calm and explain things.There are normally reasonable people, but if you touch the fool on duty I will remove the sensor in front of them and pass the shiver to detect explosives.I will have a sensor, but hey.

nachemi's profile photo
nachemi
05/30/2016 8:30 a.m.

Hello everyone!I am using the sensor since October and in a few months I will travel by plane.
According to the use manual, they indicate that the sensor cannot be scanned during flights (supposedly because the free has no "plane mode"), which can only be used as a glucometer.
Have you used it during the flight?
Greetings!

SinAzucarAgregado's profile photo
SinAzucarAgregado
12/07/2017 7:34 p.m.

synazcaragregra said:
hello everyone!I am using the sensor since October and in a few months I will travel by plane.
According to the use manual, they indicate that the sensor cannot be scanned during flights (supposedly because the free has no "plane mode"), which can only be used as a glucometer.
Have you used it during the flight?
Greetings!

Hello good!I made a trip last week, and without any problem!
I did not because of the sensor at the airport, and I did use the glucometer on the plane, to check how the glucose was going ... so that you are calm@ because there is no problem

RAKE's profile photo
RAKE
12/08/2017 8:53 p.m.

DM1 desde 1992, con 9 añitos; Tresiba 10, Apidra en función de HC
Freestyle Libre

I have traveled these last 4 years with the Dexcom and without problem.If it is recommended to remove in magnetic resonance or operation for the ground.Happy bridge <:-P

pochola's profile photo
pochola
12/09/2017 11:10 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

I have been traveling for more than 2 years frequently by plane with the sensor attached to the arm or buttock and if they detect it when they put you in the scanner that you have to lift your arms.For example, in Schipol (Amsterdam) you always pass through that scanner.
The reality is that in all this time, apart from whipping, they have only made me go to a room to show them the sensor.Safety often know that these sensors exist and do not tell you anything.
Conclusion, they can detect it to you but nothing happens.I have even been for USA without problems.

pramtru's profile photo
pramtru
12/10/2017 12:52 p.m.

DB1 desde 2001
Tresiba 22 ud por la noche y Fiasp 4-5-5
Freestyle libre desde 2016
Ultima hemo 6.0

Hello!I have been using the Dexcom for 1 year and I have taken 8 planes.From Novalab they told me that the transmitter could pass the scanner without problem, so it happened, transmitter, insulin, needles ... and the sensor that I have put on has never been or given any problem.In all my life with diabetes I will have taken more than 30 aircraft and they have never told me anything or insulin, needles, glucometer, lots of candies and cookies ... people with diabetes travel and we are many, so they are accustomed.

Greetings!!

Maritxu22's profile photo
Maritxu22
12/11/2017 9:35 p.m.

DM1 desde abril 2006. 33años
Tresiba:12-14
Fiasp a demanda
Dexcom G6

Última HbA1c: 6% (junio)

Nothing happens.I have never had any problems.Anyway I have a medical certificate, but I have never had to use it.Neither pita nor spoils.And with respect to insulin it is not necessary to teach it, since the medications, even if they are liquid, do not have to teach them.And what has said, they have never told me anything.
Greetings and travel a lot !!!!!!!!

patcrpt's profile photo
patcrpt
06/03/2018 3:14 p.m.

Good, I have a smartwatch with alarm if you use free freestyle
The GCM (continuous glycemia monitoring) allows you to read the blood sugar levels continuously with your smartphone, activating sound alarms when it is out of the limits that can generate hyper/hyper glycemias.
DEFINITIONS:
Free Style free only allows instant measurement of glucose.
The GCM is composed of 3 elements:
A smartwatch (digital clock) Sony W3 + a smartwatch + glymp app in your cell phone.
The W3 acts as a free freestyle sensor reader, and sends the info to the Glimp app installed on its cell phone.
Glimp is an app for diabetes management, compatible with the free freestyle sensor.
Smartwatch + Glimp Performs continuous monitoring of glucose levels.

Functionality:
-automatically registers blood glucose levels, giving alarm on your cell phone to records outside the normal parameters.
-Register the insulin units, the carbohydrates ingested and the sport performed.
-Avis when insulin or accessories reserves are running out.
-Graphic representation of the glycemia, insulin, calories and carbohydrates curves.
-At remote migraión through Dropbox.Ideal for children or elders
Consult by compatibility with your cell phone.
I am in Palermo - CABA - Argentina, if you are interested in any more information, greetings

Aldeca's profile photo
Aldeca
12/27/2018 6:38 p.m.

Following Abbott's instructions, last year at Madrid airports and I indicated that I was carrying the sensor and that the metal detector arch should not pass.They did not put any problem and they made me a manual cache.Only in Madrid they asked me for the medical report.

RUBIOARES's profile photo
RUBIOARES
01/17/2019 6:09 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.