Hello, I'm new and I want to present myself.

mbdhd's profile photo   05/20/2016 11:48 a.m.

Hi, I'm Javier, I'm 20 years old and I am 6 Type 1 diabetic.
I don't even have any complication for this disease.Before I took care of me "less" than now, I had hemoglobin always less than 7 or 6.50 (or less)
But in recent years, a literal fear grabbed me, and I take care of me a lot, glycosylated hemoglobin is usually in 5.30, the last one gave me in 5.10.
I have to measure myself 6 times per day, but there were days that I got to measure 14 or more.
I am aware that I am already too paranoid, but how can you have a balance?
For example, I have no problem measuring 6 times per day, the problem is that if I use more (10 or 15) the social work does not cover it.
Apart, not doing the same thing every day, that implies that it measures me more times.
I always carry a cola and silver coca with the insulins when I go out because they usually grab hypoglycemia, this last time does not go down very little and like (I tremble), I was only close to the fainting 1 alone.(I started to lose and grabbed a super stupidity, I was quotient, but I didn't comia, my brother feed me in my mouth)

mbdhd's profile photo
mbdhd
05/20/2016 11:48 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Thanks in advance!

mbdhd's profile photo
mbdhd
05/20/2016 11:49 a.m.

Hi @mbdhd welcome to the forum.From what I see you have a very good hemo so it seems that you have a good control, so maybe what you should do is not be so obsessed and relax a little.It is good that you measure sugar often but it is a normal day in which you are not doing anything out of the usual I see unnecessary that you measure the glucose fourteen times.I would try to relax a bit with the matter, it is my advice.

All the best!

nigiri's profile photo
nigiri
05/20/2016 12:51 p.m.

DM1 desde 1990 - Fiasp y Toujeo - HG: 6,1

You are right, thank you very much!
I took a lot of doubt in this forum!
Greetings from Argentina.

mbdhd's profile photo
mbdhd
05/20/2016 1:27 p.m.

With such tight hemoglobin you have a high risk of hypoglycemia, and it is not good.You may be calmer with a hemoglobin of 6., and it is still good.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/21/2016 midnight

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.