8 years with diabetes

Dori's profile photo   09/18/2015 11:48 p.m.

Hello good!My name is Dori I am 19 years old and I have been with type 1 diabetes.
I was diagnosed with diabetes with 11 when my mother took the doctor since I presented the typical symptoms;I drank a lot of water at all hours, I went too much to the bathroom and ate a lot, of course I stayed in my bones.We went down to the office and with the finger proof we do every day they diagnosed me;638 had, when he arrived at doctor 858 and after an admitted week he already knew what diabetes was.It is difficult but you can lead a totally normal life, but you have to dedicate the time time, which I did not do because it was small and in my house they did not know how to do it for the reasons.

The truth that I have always taken her badly because she had her very irregular, luckily she has put me a new nurse and has put a diet for portions, which I had never done, despite taking so long with her.I started today after trying last week with another that gave me many hypoglycemia.With which I am in time to avoid complications when it is older.The nurse has thrown me with the anger, rightly, and the truth has been afraid, because they give me down every two by three, so I advise following the diets as is.
However, in some day we can afford to get a little more insulin to eat more than we want.
Delighted and we read.
Good night!

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/18/2015 11:48 p.m.

21 años, 10 con diabetes.
20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

Welcome, Dori.Knowing how to count rations and quick insulin, the diet is no longer so restrictive, and that helps to wear it well..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/19/2015 12:16 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

regina said:
welcome, dori.Knowing how to count rations and quick insulin, the diet is no longer so restrictive, and that helps to wear it well..

Thank you so much!I hope it goes well, counting rations little by little xD

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/19/2015 12:23 a.m.

20u insulina toujeo por las mañanas. Humalog 4, 6 (5), media mañana y la merienda 3 o 4 y cena 3. Última glicosilada 6,7, sin casi tipos.

I see that you have the dose of lenses depopulated.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/19/2015 1:57 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Lantus

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/19/2015 1:58 p.m.

Yes. But the endocrine has recently changed it because it was high from dinner, it is a rollazo to divide the truth.Do you think that if I get 18 at once, would it be the same?

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/19/2015 11:26 p.m.

How did you put yourself before? Maybe one or two units, was fixed ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
09/20/2015 2:22 a.m.

Well, if you had many descents, maybe that's why I had to divide it, because if you upload it one or two units, the descent would be even more followed.That has been fixed with physical activity in the afternoon.As not to get one more puncture, I first try any other solution.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/20/2015 10:20 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome @dori and patience with the new diet.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
09/20/2015 6:05 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

Thank you @luvi, xorxie, if now with the new diet we are "experiencing" a bit also told me that we would see when exercising and that.What exercise are you doing?

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/20/2015 10:31 p.m.

Have you raised the bomb?

tica's profile photo
tica
09/20/2015 10:51 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

tica said:
have you raised the pump?
Yes, but I don't know if I consider the endocrine or him.Although it seems weird it is in this last month when I am learning more about diabetes, despite taking so long: \ "& GT;
And I'm a bit linked, really.

Dori's profile photo
Dori
09/20/2015 10:57 p.m.

@Dori I swim and I'm doing very well.I started with 30 minutes and now I do 45 three times a week, but I am considering swimming five times a week, because the days I am going to swim, I am so good that I feel great.The days that I do not swim I have worse values ​​and it costs me more to keep them.I don't know if your schedules allow it, but I recommend it to everyone.I also make long walks on weekends, from an hour and a half to two hours, at a quiet rhythm, without exhausting myself.They also work well.If the walks are shorter, increase the rhythm.The negative part of the sport, at least in my case, is that it demands to better control the rapid insulin.

xorxie's profile photo
xorxie
09/21/2015 7:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.