Theoretically "equal" food

joejunior's profile photo   09/24/2015 4:25 p.m.

Hello

I am prediabetic and I am still learning a little about meals and others.Although I have lost 12 kilos and I follow a good diet, there are foods that produce problems.Potatoes, for example, is it normal for 1 hour to be at 141, at 2 hours to 145, at 2:30 to 140 and at 3 hours it has barely dropped?Why does it remain at those levels?Shouldn't either go up or down?

The weirdest thing is that it happens to me with the potatoes, but with an equivalent ration of 1 hour rice I can be 150, and at 2 hours below 110 or even basal.Also under good with bread, even refined and accompanied with olive oil.But with the potatoes this barbarity passes, whether and boiled as if the oven.I speak to you of equivalent carbohydrates.

Does anyone know why this happens?

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/24/2015 4:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the wonderful world of .... your body! @Joejunior.In this diabetes, if I have learned something or we are all the same, nor does it affect us in the same way.I do not tolerate rice and potato of wonder, in your case it seems the opposite.The fact that they stay so long, which is not good (I mean being high all afternoon), it is because of complex hydrate.If I would decrease the proportions because I imagine that you do not click insulin.That is, the amount of potato would lower and include vegetables.And by the way, it would also put a walk (in the end they will put me with the "the walk";)), but the truth will help you continue to lower weight and control those values.

pochola's profile photo
pochola
09/24/2015 4:34 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

Thanks @pochola.That's right, I'm a rookie in this, and sometimes I come a little down.Right now, for example, that 3 hours have passed and glucose has not yet normalized.In addition, I am a little helpless with the issue of prediabetes, because no doctor tells me the same;Some have not even given importance to the issue and they have told me that with weight loss I was resolved, but I do not see that it will be so.

Today I wanted to test with the potato and wing, take demential levels.I will leave the potato for within a few months and if this remains the same, I will definitely discard it as a source of hydrates and continue with the rice and bread.I will return to the usual: vegetable + vegetable + vegetables + meats or fish or tortilla + some fruit.

No, for now I do not sulked me insulin, but I am very attentive to everything you comment here, because with how young I am you never know when you can get.And I pray and desire for the investigations that are being carried out to come to fruition.

joejunior's profile photo
joejunior
09/24/2015 4:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.