{'en': 'They deny attention in IMSS nursery to their son for suffering from diabetes', 'es': 'Niegan atención en guardería del IMSS a su hijo por padecer diabetes'} Image

They deny attention in IMSS nursery to their son for suffering from diabetes

fer's profile photo   05/23/2016 10:21 a.m.

Chihuahua.- Parents denounced before the National Commission of Human Rights the rejection of their child in ordinary nursery number 1 of the IMSS, located on Ortiz de Campos street of the San Felipe neighborhood, because it suffers from diabetes, diabetes, diabetes,

On September 5, 2012, my son Andrés EmilianMexican Social Security, located on Ortiz de Campos Street #901 in the San Felipe neighborhood.

Before the diagnosis, Fabiola Iracheta Ventura, the mother of the child, headed before Rosa Ana Nevárez Ortiz, director of said nursery, to inform her about the diagnosis of Andrés Emiliano, as well as the treatment indicated by the doctor.

According to medical treatment, my son had to receive subcutaneous insulin doses and review blood glucose levels.

However, Nevárez Ortiz refused to follow the treatment and discharged my son of the nursery service, although I had affiliation to IMSS.Subsequently, it was explained that diabetes does not represent a risk for the rest of the children because it is not contagious and that medical treatment could be performed by nurses assigned to said nursery.However, the director refused to provide her with the service arguing that they could not apply any injection to the children and directed us with Irma Sicairos Beltrán, coordinator delegation department of nurseries of the IMSS state delegation.

When reviewing the case with Sicairos Beltrán, she pointed out that the service could not be provided to my child due to her illness because in the nurseries there is no medical service and the nurses assigned to each of them are not trained for thetreatment that requires, that is, they are incapacitated to review blood glucose levels and supply insulin.

In the same month of September, the IMSS delegation in the state of Chihuahua, gave us a resolution in which we tried to found why did not provide the nursery service to my son, determination that founded in internal provisions for other illogical and interpretedto the interest of the IMSS, overlooking the provisions of our Constitution and international regulations which must be applied by the authorities of our country, having committed to do so by signing the different international treaties, particularly in relation to the Convention on the Convention on theRights of the child in articles 1, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 18th, paragraphs 2,3, 26 and other provisions applicable in this regard.

Because of this, in November 2012, we decided to file a complaint with the National Human Rights Commission because by denying the service to my child, they are discriminating against their illness.The complaint was recorded with the CNDH folio/5/2013/10883/Q.

It was until April 29, 2016 when a meeting between Cristian Rodallegas, delegate of the IMSS in Chihuahua, Héctor Tanus, coordinator of the foreign office of the CNDH, Sid Durán, Technical Coordinator of Attention to Complaints and Public Information, public information, public care coordinator, public information,And we, parents of Andrés Emiliano.

However, during the meeting the main theme of the complaint that is the discrimination that my son suffered by denying the nursery service was not reviewed.Among the established “agreements” after the meeting, they indicated that they will inform us about the advances of the criteria for the admission or permanence of the minors in the IMSS nurseries, as well as in the realization of an international comparative study on the inclusion of children withDiabetes in child care and care systems.Only general details of the case were considered, but in no way was it examined conclusively forSolve the problem of discrimination incurred by the IMSS by denying the nursery service to my son because of the disease he suffers.

Since the admission rejection of Andrés Emiliano suffered by discrimination of the IMSS in the nursery, we had to erogworking mother as an affiliate to IMSS, causing a serious economic and moral problem, since we had to make efforts to solve that expense, being that he had the right to be in an IMSS nursery, however, he was discriminated against by suffering a problemHealthTherefore, we demand that the National Human Rights Commission issue the recommendation corresponding to the case, in which a flagrant violation of our child's human rights occurred, as well as those of the working mother, we must remember that no internal regulations of any institutionIt is above our Constitution.More than three years have already been completed with six months of the complaint registration and no resolution has been issued, despite the fact that during that time it has been requested by different means, our complaint is given.

Gentlemen of the National Human Rights Commission, how much more do we have to wait for a case as clear as the flagrant violation of the rights of our youngest son and the working mother?

fer's profile photo
fer
05/23/2016 10:21 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Has anyone taken to your small type 1 to the nursery in Spain?What a brown for the nursery.One would be necessary with a nurse ...

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/23/2016 10:26 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I have taken my son to the nursery.

brown?No, they did not put me problems, they have even looked at it, moreover, I advise it to be carried by the parents PQ is a preparation for the school that is the following year, and I will tell you PQ.

In the nurseries there are few children and they are much more pending than in schools, and so you already have guidelines learned from insulins and lunches, of course it has served me a lot, and above all to understand that your child has tobe like others, neither more nor less.

At first it costs, and they take it with fear of the caregivers, but when the boy has been in class, they know him and take the march, they see if he is rare and look at him if they believe it is convenient, because they know him.

I am very happy to have taken it, everyone is not the same, but it seemed to me an enriching and positive experience, both for the one who has begun to deal with more children and for us.

And I will tell you more, in the nursery to which the birthdays of other children are celebrated, they carry a cake and other things, well my son I know how her lunch and does not protest, and even some mother has already offered to take something somethingSpecial, and when they have made a party in the nursery they have feed what we have told him.

They have to be children as normal as possible, we are not going to make them obstacles, that there will be people around them to put them without even knowing them or their illness.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
05/23/2016 11:21 a.m.

ah !!And a nurse for what?That I am not a nurse, nor does a degree need to look at a child, and the guidelines before a low are very simple.And let's not start that if they lose knowledge, that before losing it, they fall asleep, or they get nightmare, they change their behavior, before that it looks and is already.

The more alarmist is oneself, the more alarm to others, and then they do not want to take the hiking boys when they are oldknowledge.

In any case, the denial of the nursery is given because they have to supply insulin to the child, the same will take pump this would not happen.Perhaps if you try another nursery if they serve it, they are business and each one does what they want with the dream, in mine they had already had a cediaco, which is not the same, but TB requires some care.

aranzazuleg
05/23/2016 11:23 a.m.

Let's see, that I am the most warrior in the forum with the issue of normality in diabetics and non -discrimination.

Your experience has certainly been the ideal, caregivers have put interest, have learned and adapted to the situation.

Although for you or for me it is something normal and everyday to administer insulin, the truth is that it is a type of medication in which an error in the decision of its amount by administering it can bring consequences from acute to serious, and more in a childsmall that a unit of difference is a world.

And have or not bomb, the bolus of the food must be decided and administered anyway.And many unfortunately do not have it.

In the issue of the great responsibility of the administration of glucagon we already know all what is there, and that a shit by nerves reached to this point, it is very serious.

There is also the issue that it will cost them so tiny that they suffer hypoglycemia, although when you know it will give signs as you say.

I don't know your experience has been great and I am very happy, if I had a child son1, the truth would be distressed all day.

By the way it seems like cave.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
05/23/2016 1:39 p.m.

Of course, to administer insulin by a person who does not perfectly understand what he is doing, I do not leave him to eat, and I understand that he should not put them in the commitment to have to put a dose with the bomb, but ifI think they can be taken to the nursery.

Pq at the end next year he will have to go to school and there will not be even God, hehehe ... at least I am calmer, I know that I must put on lunch and the insulin guideline to follow for the yearcoming.

agustiated ??You cannot live like this, in the end you get used to it, wanting to become older so that everything is easier, but you adapt, it is a very large whore that they become so small.

The continuous meter ??Well, they are bastards, because they could already finance it, not that of the pump that would be the milk PQ costs € 200 per month, if not at least the freestyle that is € 120, with that I made up, even that they subsidized the50%.

Even as I have once said, it is even small to wear a sensor, I would have to be 5 years old, so that I did not have to touch it ....

Anyway I have a wonderful, beautiful son and I don't care that this has happened, the concern compensates for me to see him, everything compensates me if I see him happy :-)

aranzazuleg
05/24/2016 10:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.