Can anyone advise me ???

Zarote's profile photo   11/29/2015 3:06 a.m.

Good evening, I have a question and I wanted to know if someone can advise me, we have been trying to control my daughter's, recently debuted, until a week we thought we were on the right track, there were already the blood glucose figures within the recommended margins,But now after a few days of fever, it happens that the post -food glycemia figure is adequate at 2 hours and at 3 hours up around 200 arriving at the next high meal if we do not correct it, we are afraid to raise the fast insulin xIf we cause a hypo, because the amount of insulin we manage is minimal, 2 and 2 of Levemir, 0.1,1 of Novorapid, half unit lowers according to doctor 90, I think we should raise the rapid 0.5 at each meal, because with the slow one we got well to breakfast .. I would like to know if someone has happened to him after two hours post intake is in 140 and from there go up and rise ... what a mess !!I hope I explained, thanks.

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/29/2015 3:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!It is very possible that these climbs are because of the fever.When we get bad, sugar is resent.If you see that it continues, ID uploading little by little and the day you do, make more controls.There are also fast absorption hydrates and slow absorption, this means that for example a piece of fruit will take you right away, but a pizza (for example) may take 3 hours to put the climb.I hope it has served you.A kiss!

Bollicaoo's profile photo
Bollicaoo
11/29/2015 10:48 a.m.

True, when one is a cold, the sugar tends to climb, do not worry that when the glucose will be well returns to normal levels

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/29/2015 11:10 a.m.

If I were in your situation, the insulin guideline would not change, I would simply limit me to correct values.I think the problem is due to fever, bone, something temporary.If so, you would have to consider a change.Now correct and wait for it to be fine again and, if you still have high values, then talk to your endocrine.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
11/29/2015 11:22 a.m.

Hi Zarate I have spent many times and little by little you will see how it is controlling and you get used to my son Von 6 years if you want to talk about

PelusaGorda's profile photo
PelusaGorda
11/29/2015 12:47 p.m.

Wait for the fever to pass, but if it continues, it increases on average what you need. Go to need more and more insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 3:32 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

If you go up in the afternoon, the levemir of the day will be cut.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 3:41 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Thanks to everyone, today we have thought to increase average in each meal to see how it responds and if you still go up as it says, the problem will be in the slow one, I still do not understand much of this, our endocrine pediatricVery small site where there are more endocrine but do not carry pediatrics and more pediatricians who do not carry endocrine and barely get wet, consult a nurse who was the educator in our hospital until her son (ironies of life) debutedI tell me for this forum, I will start x the fast since the doses are very small, she tells me that 3 days and if you do not correct it start to value up the slow one, thank you for a great help even if you do not believe it, only x knowThat someone listens to me and understands me ... It relieves me greatly.

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/29/2015 4:10 p.m.

Zarate the truth with this of having a child we always live with doubt and uneasy

PelusaGorda's profile photo
PelusaGorda
11/29/2015 4:45 p.m.

Zaraote, don't treat us, we are like a family :) Do you live in Spain?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 6:05 p.m.

The truth is that parents only give us some guidelines on how we can handle insulin, and so we have to fix ourselves. They gave me a little book and the endo explained the action and duration of insulin with somegraphics. And he told me to go up when he saw values ​​greater than 180 for two days in a row ..,.And one in one unit;The stockings, I had to discover them alone .... so in the end it is the parents who ended up deciding the insulin dose.
Ask what you want, and go up without fear.Leave two days before touching another insulin.
The nurse also uses Levemir?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 6:16 p.m.

@Zarote As you have told you, you will go up little by little, in the end you will get to the guideline.With Maria we have been going up all week.So do not despair because sometimes it seems as if the body passed from insulin ...... test, test ... and controls more than usual.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/29/2015 6:42 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

While they grow, insulin needs continue to rise, and there are seasons that do it with blows ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 7:38 p.m.

Well, @regina must be what you say, Maria in two months 2 cm.More ... with 1.76 and 13 years old could stop !!!!;)

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
11/29/2015 8:06 p.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hello everyone, Regina is Canaria, but from a peripheral island, Lanzarote, from there Zarate, here we have no association where I could vent, it closed last year x lack of budget.The nurse who advises me, Manuel's mother who debuted as she educates her and novorapid, she trained according to me with a Barcelona endo, Daniel Figuerola and speaks wonders of him, she is not strict or restrictive, she is calm and organized, a sun, pity that I had to leave it because it overflowed, and I understand it, it is not the same to the patient than your child ... Today I have increased the rapid in lunch and I have achieved 150 at 2 hours but it has remainedThere at 3 hours, my husband believes that we should increase tomorrow a tongI think should, right ??I guess I will stay in the cafeteria from the first control to be able to repeat it and that I do not reach hiccups ...

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
11/29/2015 9:04 p.m.

Ah!Canarian!That's why yours .., we live there six very happy years, my daughter was 4 years old when we left, and a year after we came with this ..
If you can, go to recess, I did it too., But half a unit of slow is not going to download much.
What you have of the nurse is an example of how things change in their own flesh ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2015 10:13 p.m.

My son Iago has rhinitis crisis and also uploads that scare but is a matter of correcting with fast.If rhinitis passes and continues in high values ​​then we fulfill the slow.As everyone tells you, it is a matter of trying little by little, they are children and their guidelines are changing for different factors: growth, diseases .....
I encourage that we are all here to help us

Enma's profile photo
Enma
11/30/2015 11:46 a.m.

Diabética tipo 3
Mamá de Iago (14 años)
Lantus 25 uds
Apidra a demanda
Freestyle libre
@enma

regina said:
The truth is that parents only give us guidelines on how we can handle insulin, and so we have to fix ourselves. I gave me a little book andThe endo explained the action and duration of insulin with graphics. And he told me to go up when he saw values ​​greater than 180 for two days in a row ..,.And one in one unit;The stockings, I had to discover them alone .... so in the end it is the parents who ended up deciding the insulin dose.
Ask what you want, and go up without fear.Leave two days before touching another insulin.
The nurse also uses Levemir?

Even so, I think you are one of the most experience with this damn disease, I love reading you and seeing that although I have been diabetic for 17 years I am ignorant in this, thanks for your advice

xavi79's profile photo
xavi79
11/30/2015 11:11 p.m.

From nothing @xavi79, hopefully you can improve your quality of life, allow some whim with the rapid and lower values ​​without the need for so many walks to undone ..,
That you normal your life more and you are psychically better and more animated. That you can get it.
A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/30/2015 11:38 p.m.

Good afternoon to everyone, it happens to me one thing with my daughter's controls and maybe someone happens the same.Before eating the girl usually has normal controls, they are around 100 to 120, I administer their fast insulin or not (xq at breakfast does not have) and at 2 hours it has about 200., Today 218, but I hope at the timeFrom the next meal that is usually 45 minutes later, it is again between 110 or 130, in school even when it sometimes gets home, I don't know if this happens to someone, if I accept it as normal (the figures tothe 2 hours) or if I try to correct it, but I almost dared to correct it on school if I would not have hypos and not be ... or I should change what you eat, in the poster and half sandwich school ...@regina you know a lot about diabetes, maybe you can help me, thanks

Zarote's profile photo
Zarote
12/07/2015 5:08 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.