{'en': 'Is neuropathy reversible?', 'es': '¿Neuropatia es reversible?'} Image

Is neuropathy reversible?

pearl's profile photo   05/23/2016 7:08 p.m.

Hello.

I wrote here a few days ago telling my experience with diabetes and another doubt arose.

I am 20 years old and I have it from 9.

The first years take great care of me but then the levels began to get out of control, and well, I have a bad control from almost my whole life with diabetes.

For this same reason, a year ago I began an unbearable pain in the nerves of the jaw every time I chew, along with tingling and numbness of the feet.:(

Is this reversible?

Thank you!

pearl's profile photo
pearl
05/23/2016 7:08 p.m.

DM1 since 2005
Toujeo 24
Humalog R5 S40

There has been some case of neuropathy commented in the forum that has been reversible. I remember a case that appeared with the diagnosis of diabetes, "diabetes and gift neuropathy" seeks the subject.
It was solved with treatment and good controls. Although it was a long, but reversible process.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/23/2016 8:59 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @pearl, if you improve your glycemias, your symptoms are likely to improve but partially.I understand you and I know it is difficult, but it is essential, to avoid progression.
There is a type of neuropathy that occurs in diabetics that is reversible and that takes place after insulinization.In that case if it is reversible.
Neuropathic pain has treatment, so my advice is that you consult a neurologist who will surely know how to help you.

ceciii's profile photo
ceciii
05/24/2016 4:49 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Neuropathy carries 3 levels: initial, medium or advanced.The initial is treatable and the average also although both only with levels close to the normal for several years (I have half -saved affecting my feet - extra dry skin only moisturizer with oils 2 times a day and gastroparesia; extreme slowness to digest the eaten)So I have investigated a lot about neuropathies and better ways to treat them.

For you, your body is shouting you, leave the food that you carry for that the pain in the jaw next to the dumbness on the feet.
You have received the diabetes bill;It's time to take care of you.Not doing so will make your heart fail you to the point of not being able to jog or run;Do you want that?The only way to bring something similar to control (or a cure in one or two years for your problems - without withdrawal because then they will come to worse damage to those you have now believe me and there will be no way to stop it. Dialysis is notA change of lifestyle, is another condition completely: it is to force you to eat once a day if you want to continue with something similar to health, and nobody wants that!) It is learning about your blood sugar before and after eating.
Now that you remembered why you want to heal you, you know, everything depends on you.

Shake of glucometer strips (the 1st two weeks with about 10 a day you will be fine, it depends how many meals and snacks do daily) the idea is to put together the famous diabetic newspaper, where year in a notebook, agenda or cell application, the time inDo you measure you, how much insulin you are placing yourself and what you are going to eat or ate.The hours you need are when you wake up, 1hr after breakfast, before lunch, 1hr later, before the afternoon snack, 1 hr later and the same for dinner (before and after) the last measurement of the day must be beforesleep.The doctors will tell you two hrs after eating, but to wait so much in an HR you already know if what you ate tends to raise or lower the levels (** unless you have a delay in making the stomach food out, in whoseCase measures a week every HR and a half - it is so relaxing to know where sugar goes ... of gastroparesia the lighter symptoms are many hypoglycemia after eating and injecting and the best you feel after a meal chewing chewing gum.Observe it, even if you do not sound to suffer it yet)

How boring you must be thinking, but what happens all these measurements are for you to learn how your body responds to food and insulins.Only with the information of 3 or 2 weeks you can find the patterns and learn which foods or drinks either avoid or consume to a minimum (less time and I assure you you will not understand much).Consider that when you start taking care of yourself, your responses to the usual meals will change a bit (if you follow a low diet in Choles, the blood sugar will rise more to give an example, after the noodles or baked) but it is nothing impossible if you haveof glucometer and insulin!What happens to you may be that you are upset about having this and you tire all the recommendations, they live by giving you ... I understand you !!I tb I went through that.The anger lasted 20 years ... But the price comes, and this is only the beginning.Believe me when I say what is coming is horrible and will arrive;Ignore it will only hurry the process;)
You are much more than your condition, you are the same woman from before and after her, have faith in yourself and love you taking care of your present and future.Diabetes is only something to demonstrate how good you are doing 2 things at the same time: take care of your body and live life!Imagine that you are 9 years old, you will see how you get used to calculating all things ... and if you have doubts here we are!: x

jazmin253's profile photo
jazmin253
05/27/2016 2:27 a.m.

I use a team that has helped me with the pain caused by neuropathy.The advice to do a diary of the things you eat will really help you know your body better and make good decisions at the time of eating.I found a blog with very good information.I leave you the link so you can read it: treatamientoneuropathia.com/

MaggiP's profile photo
MaggiP
07/20/2017 10:21 p.m.

Well, it seems that I also have neuropathy because last night I could not sleep until 4 in the morning because I noticed pain in the feet and that they were hot.Yesterday was the first day of that, but sometimes I have noticed any numbness.And today I don't know if because of fatigue but I have numb and tired legs all day.

I have been diabetics for almost 30 years and my controls are not very good to say.I have almost every day a hyper blood glucose and some hiccups from time to time.I know that my diet is not very good, I do not cook and I do not like vegetables so although I do not take many things with sugar if I take many carbohydrates.I have promised to change my dietary but it will be complicated ...

I needed to vent me and if you have any advice, it would be of great help!

Anasyx's profile photo
Anasyx
07/21/2017 5:29 p.m.

It can be because of heat and fatigue.The same thing happens to me in very hot days and I am not diabetic.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
07/21/2017 6:16 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

@Anasyx, I have been commenting on my husband for a few days of hot feet when it comes to bed, although it is true that I have walked a lot during the afternoon.During the day I notice anything, I have them normal.I've been with diabetes for 9 months, I don't think it can already be neuropathy, but we are going badly ....

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/06/2022 1:05 p.m.

Well, a year before I was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes I already had neuropathy (my feet were numb), then the diagnosis of diabetes arrived and spent 1 year doing things more or less good, until I entered a strong depression andI went to take care of myself, 6 years old and then went through an emergency with a very high glucose and the tension shot and returned to the medication, soon they made me an EMG (electromyography) to see how I had neuropathy and diagnosed me in feet andModerate to severe -type polyneuropathy legs.I have more numbness, more pains and thanks to the 6 years I spent everything, I doubt that mine at this point is reversible and affects me more organs ..., I have what I deserve and I still still care for everything thatI should (I do take the medication that covers the things that I do not do well) and by above all the analyzes that I do all come out correct ..., what a grace !!

Pyrri's profile photo
Pyrri
09/06/2022 9:36 p.m.

Diabetes Tipo 2 (2014) con 38 años - Neuropatía Diabética (2013) - Polineuropatía Diabética sensitiva axonal moderado-grave en miembros inferiores (2021) - Jubilado en 2022 con 45 años. (Synjardy (Mettformina) - Trulicity - Ozempic - Gabapentina). HBA1c: 4,5%. Discapacidad del 35% - Presbicia con 45 años (ya no veo de cerca, pero no hay retinopatía diabética en los ojos). Abuela materna y Abuela paterna e tíos diabéticos tipo 1

@Pyrri you are young and you have a lot of life ahead, you have to take care of yourself or yes as well as possible and occasionally allow you a tribute .... much encouragement !!

Cassie's profile photo
Cassie
09/06/2022 11 p.m.

It can be anything, as a rheumatous problem, circulation, Raynaud, ... for the feet, legs or less there are many ailments.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
09/06/2022 11:35 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

There is always room, take care, exercise and improve, reversible?Your body will say how far you can recover, but the longer you start doing it, the less margin you will have.
But remember that there is always a margin of improvement

Otabol's profile photo
Otabol
09/11/2022 5:55 p.m.

Leon hair test for 3 months.The first month begins with the maximum dose and then redeem it to the minimum the third month.
If you notice change, you will value if you want to continue.This is not the panacea, you have to balancing the glycemia levels and I recommend meditation.If you do already say

Pablus's profile photo
Pablus
09/11/2022 7:13 p.m.

pablus said:
Leon hair test for 3 months.The first month begins with the maximum dose and then redeem it to the minimum the third month.
If you notice change, you will value if you want to continue.This is not the panacea, you have to balancing the glycemia levels and I recommend meditation.If you do it and say

Leon's hair?Where is that bought?

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
09/16/2022 2:58 p.m.

A neurologic recommended me to take nerve in capsules to strengthen the nervous system. Does anyone take it or take it?It is without a medical recipe

Vero83's profile photo
Vero83
09/16/2022 3 p.m.

vero83 said:
pablus said:
leon hair test for 3 months.The first month begins with the maximum dose and then redeem it to the minimum the third month.
If you notice change, you will value if you want to continue.This is not the panacea, you have to balancing the glycemia levels and I recommend meditation.If you do it and say

Leon's hair?Where is that bought?

It is a medicinal edible fungus, they sell it on Amazon and in many more places

diabestico's profile photo
diabestico
09/16/2022 3:43 p.m.

Neuropathy ... for me that is the worst, I have loss of sensitivity in the skin of the legs and continuous items in the hands, especially on the left.

I have been with a pump and sensor for two years and the glucose levels have them supercontrolled, all circulatory sequelae have been cured, even the eye background, I have the problem in the nervous system, I have no way to improve.
And neurologists tell me that there is no medication that cures/improves symptoms, only those who take away the pain, which is not my case ... to continue with good control, but as if nothing.

For the nervous system there are no medications that regenerate it.

I don't know, the same has to spend years to see the improvement ...

I will look at the products that you have commented to see how.

JUAN DAVID 's profile photo
JUAN DAVID
09/20/2022 12:53 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.