Well delicate issues to be given great importance

ani's profile photo   05/25/2016 5:45 p.m.

Feet complications

People with diabetes can have many different problems in their feet.Even normal problems can get worse and lead to severe complications.Feet problems generally occur when there is nerve damage, which is called neuropathy, which results in the loss of feet sensation.Bad circulation and changes in the shape of the feet or fingers can also cause problems.

Neuropathy
Although it can cause pain, nerve damage due to diabetes can also reduce sensitivity to pain, heat or cold.The loss of sensation often means that it is possible that I do not feel a feet injury.You may have a tachuela or stone on the shoe and walk all day with it without realizing it.A blister may come out and don't know.You may not notice a foot injury until you have a skin injury and infection.

Nerve damage can also cause changes in the shape of the feet and fingers.If you have feet or fingers deformities, ask your medical care provider about therapeutic shoes instead of forcing them in regular shoes.

Skin changes
Diabetes can cause changes to the skin of the feet.Sometimes you can dry a lot.You may fight or crack.The problem is that the nerves that control the fat and moisture of the feet no longer work.

After bathing, know your feet and put on a thin layer of simple petroleum jelly, handless cream or other moisturizing product.

Do not put oil or cream between the fingers.Additional humidity can produce infections.Nor does he remove his feet, because he can dry out his skin.

Calluses
People with diabetes come out more frequently and grow faster.This is because there are very pressure points in the plant.If you have many calluses you may mean that you need shoes and therapeutic soles.

If the calluses are not cut, the skin becomes thicker, break and open open sores.Never try to cut your calluses yourself.That can produce sores and infections.Let your medical care provider cut the calluses.Nor try to eliminate calluses with chemical substances.These products may burn the skin.

The daily use of a pumice stone helps keep the calluses under control.It is best to use pumice stone with wet skin.Put cream immediately after using the pumice stone.

Feet sores
The sores usually occur in the anterior part of the sole of the foot or the thumb.The sores on the sides of the foot are usually due to shoes that are not well.Remember that your medical care provider must examine all sores immediately, even those that do not cause pain.The sores that are neglected can be infected, which in turn can result in the loss of the limb.

Your medical care provider will deal with each sore as appropriate.It is possible that you take the x -rays of the foot to make sure the bone is not infected.Your medical care provider may clean the dead or infected fabric.You may have to do this in the hospital.In addition, the medical care provider may make a wound cultivation to find out the type of infection you have and which antibiotic will be more effective.

It is important that you walk as little as possible.Doing it with a sore can contribute to growing and that the infection affects deeper parts of the foot.It is possible that your medical care provider puts a special shoe, orthopedic device or plaster on the foot to protect it.

If the sore does not cure and you have bad circulation, perhaps your medical care provider sends it to a vascular surgeon.Good diabetes control is important.A high blood glucose level candifficult to combat infection.

After the Sane sore, be encouraged in the care of the feet.The tissue healing under the sore that has been cured is easily broken.It may be necessary to put special shoes after the ulcer is cured to protect this area and prevent a sore from coming out.

Bad circulation
Bad circulation (blood flow) can make the capacity of the foot of fighting the infection decrease.Diabetes makes the blood vessels of the foot and the leg more narrow and hard.You can control some of the causes of poor circulation.Does not smoke;This makes the arteries harden faster.In addition, follow the recommendations of your medical care provider on keeping pressure and cholesterol under control.

You may feel cold on your feet and cause them to heat them.Unfortunately, if you can't feel the heat on your feet, it is easy to burn them with hot water or with bottles or hot water bags.The best way to heat your feet is to get warm stockings.

Some people feel pain in calves when they walk fast or on a hard surface, or rise a slope.This is called intermittent claudication.Most likely, the pain goes if he stops to rest for a few minutes.If you have these symptoms, you must quit smoking.With the help of your medical care provider, put into practice a walk plan.Some people take medications that help them improve circulation.

Exercise is good for poor circulation.It stimulates blood flow in the feet and legs.When I walk wearing resistant, comfortable shoes that are well, but do not walk when you have open sores.

Amputation
People with diabetes are much higher likely than other people who are ampute a foot or leg.What is the problem?Many people with diabetes have peripheral arterial disease, which reduces blood flow to the feet.In addition, many people with diabetes have neuropathy, which reduces sensation.These problems together can make sores come out and become more easily infected, which can lead to an amputation.In most cases, it is possible to prevent amputations with frequent attention and adequate footwear.

For these reasons, take care of your feet a lot and go to your medical care provider immediately if you have feet problems.Ask if Medicare or other insurance pay orthopedic shoes.Always follow the recommendations of your medical care provider about the care of sores and other feet problems.

One of the biggest feet threats is smoking, as it affects smaller blood vessels.This can decrease circulation at the foot and make sores take to cure.Many people with diabetes that require amputations are smokers.

ani's profile photo
ani
05/25/2016 5:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Ani, has you affected you at the feet?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2016 6:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Oh!No and I do walks of 1 to 2 hours or more because I go with very suitable footwear and I like to go from Shopping !!!!You just have to start from the beginning or at least when one is aware of complications;And I started, a long time behind !!!;)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/25/2016 6:24 p.m.

Very good!You leave me very quiet!
>: D <

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/25/2016 6:28 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, my dear @regina and that is why I always give my example because, although it is not perfect, I can feel very proud of everything achieved !!!and I give up everyone;Because "wanting is power" and "power is wanting" !!:)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/25/2016 7:10 p.m.

Thanks @ani very clarifying.

In my previous specialties center there was a consultation with a sign that says "Diabetic foot unit".I hope I never have to need this assistance, although I fear it will touch me ... I already had circulatory problems that are described in your post.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
05/26/2016 2:05 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Hello friend and family @ruthbia, I think you will not have great consequences because you are conscious and deals from the beginning, (you come from starting c/dbtes) not to allow dbtes to do "their will", you can arrive and deposit myclose 55ans of dbtes and, I still have no problem in my feet !!Then: "Hands to work";)

ani's profile photo
ani
05/26/2016 3:40 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.