Insulin pump in children

mogi's profile photo   11/30/2015 4:06 p.m.

Hello.Do you have someone experience with insulin bomb in young children?
Thank you

mogi's profile photo
mogi
11/30/2015 4:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son takes her with 18 months, now he is two years old, is my whole experience, what do you want to know?Let's see if I can help you.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/01/2015 10:04 a.m.

My daughter debuted with two years.Now she has three and the doctor says that she will be better controlled with the pump.It gives us respect that when you are punctured, you touch it, or bother you to sleep, in the pool ...

mogi's profile photo
mogi
12/01/2015 10:31 a.m.

Well, let's see ... I tell you.

Sleep anything, do not find out.It doesn't even notice that it carries it.

The pool if it is a problem, but you can return to Os Bolis in summer, you also do not not go to the daughter to the pool but if it goes a week you can disconnect, we are going that there are ways to overcome the pool.

The good thing you have, because you do not have to click and especially when it gets bad, that it is easier to control.

Then the doses that you put in insulin are more adjusted to it, that is to say that the machine puts 2.25 or 1.10 that with the ball you cannot or is more complicated.

And above all he has more freedom to eat, bone that the machine calculates the insulin according to the hydrates that the food carries, and between hours it is easier TB, PQ if he wants to eat a cookie between hours you can give it to him, you put a bowlExtra and this, they do not notice it and can eat more freedom between hours.

I are so small if I recommend, when they become older and are aware of the disease that they decide who prefer to carry.

It will cost you to adapt a little because the concept changes, they no longer carry slow, only fast and talk about basal and bolus, but well the doctor will teach you and here you can ask what you want.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
12/01/2015 10:54 a.m.

thank you so much.
You have clarified the initial doubts and reservations

mogi's profile photo
mogi
12/01/2015 1:20 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.