Malillo and with hyperglycemia.

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/11/2015 12:53 a.m.

Well apparently since yesterday with flu symptoms but without fever.
Frio heat symptoms, sweat, ear pain and pressure on the temples.
Glycemia that goes up alone even without eating.
Yesterday after lunch almost in 300 applying insulin is as if it were water, it did not go down and did not go down.
Luckily today already better almost 180 taking care of the HC and clicking every 3 hours to correct if it passes 200.
For now it lies better but 180 is high and when the Dexcom announces up, they do not see the despair that gives me.
To drink water enough and wait for the discomfort to pass.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/11/2015 12:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Courage, @Afterego!For what veterans say, such high data takes to go down.I guess you already know.In these cases, does it help to go to the Emergencies/Medical?I say, if they don't get down.

pike's profile photo
pike
10/11/2015 10:56 a.m.

DM1 desde 2015-Novorapid 2/2/2/2-Toujeo(en proceso)-Mañana
Glucosilada 4/2017: 7,2

You better, now?
With some ibuprofen for the pain of Gargamta, it passes. So my daughter was a few days ago.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2015 11:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hello, I mediate a while my glucose after breakfast and 225 I had never had such high Sési I have to put insulin.
Get well soon.Afterego.!!!!

DiabetesForo
10/11/2015 11:48 a.m.

Yes, you should correct, already for the time you can take advantage and add 2 Humalog units to which you normally put yourself to eat (I say it for not a click 2 times) and advance the time of the food, wait for a while before ampezarTo eat, about 30 minutes and look again, if you go down it starts with the food.
If you just eat late and do not want

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/11/2015 1:33 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Alicia, if you are at 220, correct better with a unit and do you at two hours, so you see what you have lowered.Two units maybe it's a lot to start ...

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/11/2015 3:12 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Gala and Regina Thank you.

DiabetesForo
10/11/2015 6:48 p.m.

Hello everyone, everything is fine, I was correcting as you recommended and all good.
Dawn already better with strength and desire to continue loading this backpack that some days weighs more than others.
Thank you Majos for the tips, glycemia between 00:00 to 08:00 in 100.
Ibuprofen also helped

DiabetesForo
10/12/2015 3:28 p.m.

When you take the medications and the corresponding food, go up 1 more insulin unit so that sugar is more homenous at the level greetings

Daniel1996's profile photo
Daniel1996
10/12/2015 3:48 p.m.

aliciaalicia said:
Hello, a while ago my glucose after breakfast and 225 I had never had such high Sési I have to put insulin.
Get well soon.Afterego.!!!!

Hello Alicia, it happens to me, it goes up after breakfast between 180 and 200 but then goes down.
At two hours 165
At 3 hours 130
At 40 hours
At 5 hours 80 and to eat something to avoid the hypo.
Ultimately with the dexcom I have managed to avoid the discomfort since when it is in 120 I measure and the capillary gives me 90
Apart from seeing in the graph the descent that although it comes with equal delay is useful.
The Dexcom indicates 20 units more or 20 less than the capillary but is generally quite accurate, I have noticed that when there are sudden changes such as when we do sports, it gets tidal.
greetings

DiabetesForo
10/13/2015 6:57 a.m.

If you use Dexcom and you have a cold or gripal symptoms take dolmen, focus or couldina, and you will see how those symptoms improve.Regarding hyper when you are bad, it is usually closely linked.Patience and to correct.Above 180 I always correct, if I can walk if I am free but otherwise insulin.Encourage and improve

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/14/2015 11:35 a.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

pochola said:
if you use dexcom and you have a cold or flu symptoms take dolmen, unfortunate or couldina, and you will see how those symptoms improve.Regarding hyper when you are bad, it is usually closely linked.Patience and to correct.Above 180 I always correct, if I can walk if I am free but otherwise insulin.I encourage and improve

Thanks Pochola for the comments, I tell you that this weekend we go on a trip and as I came from being bad I decided to not eat HC for the hyper last week when I was sick.
Less bread, rice, potatoes and eat more vegetables and fruit.
My surprise was such that several times a day with hypos that I even had to lower the Lantus from 34 to 28 and almost without Humalog I have managed these last 4 days.
The truth is that I am happy to return from the holidays and be at home again.
It has become quite difficult to be able to coordinate the times of meals with insulin, a lot of nerve and more than one discussion with my wife for the blessed diabetes.
It is that there is no peace and now with the Dexcom all the time handling him an eye and with the arrows when he is in 100 and I see that he goes down I despair.
Now that 15 days ago I have it I have realized that the rise peaks are beastly with a slice of bread with ham and cheese and having it in 105 goes in an hour to 205 and you do not see the discomfort it gives.
I'm going to intent to click before to cushion more the climb to see if it helps.
And in the descents when it is in 110 to eat something because if it marks 100 and the capillary gives me 80 as it does not give time to go up and again hypo and discomfort.

PD: The dolmen and the couldina are going well but in the unrelent not because it has paracetamol and the dexcom later dizzons according to the indications.

greetings

DiabetesForo
10/15/2015 4:16 a.m.

@Afterego precisely with respect to your PD I recommend those three antigripales because none carries paracetamol including the focus whose composition is chlorphenamine malleate, ascorbic acid, acetylsalicylic acid and caffeine.Va Perfect;)

pochola's profile photo
pochola
10/15/2015 12:32 p.m.

DM1 desde 2011 8 puntos Lantus. Todo esfuerzo traerá su recompensa ♥ Hemo 5.7

pochola said:
@afterego precisely with respect to your pd I recommend those three antigripales because none carries paracetamol including the focus whose composition is chlorphenamine, ascorbic acid, acetylsalicycile acid and caffeine.Va Perfect;)

Thank you Pochola, it seems that it does not have the unleashing paracetamil, I should have looked bad on Google when you look for composition. How do you control your values ​​that the dexcom gives?
Or is you just guiding the alarms?
Greetings

DiabetesForo
10/15/2015 5:33 p.m.

@Afterego tries to take it easy, at first the Dexcom can generate a lot of anxiety.But in the long run it is very good because it allows you to see the effect that food does, exercise ... and little by little you will take the trick, you will realize that for certain meals you have to click before and for others even laterhaving finished eating ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
10/15/2015 7:04 p.m.

@Afterego, at first you do nothing but give the button and you want the line to be planned, do not overwhelm as @indoy told you, then you look less, I don't look at him at night, I put the alarm at 90At night and in 140 and sleep.
During the day, for the mñna when I calibrate him, I take a look to see if he makes me peak then I no longer remember until the time of eating and the same, watch the food a little and even dinner and the same, between mealsI usually trust alarms

Gala's profile photo
Gala
10/15/2015 8:21 p.m.

"Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro"

Thank you.
Let's see if I manage to control anxiety and as time passes the point.
There are times that when I see the arrow both in descent and in vertical climb I get nervous and overwhelm myself because I don't know how much it would go up or go down yet.
Then it turned out that it was not so much.

DiabetesForo
10/15/2015 10:52 p.m.

Afterego, some peaks will be inevitable with dexcom or without it but, having a good hemoglobin, you can relax a little, if not, it is not life ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/15/2015 11:59 p.m.

regina said:
arc, some peaks will be inevitable with dexcom or without it but, having a good hemoglobin, you can relax a bit, if not, it is not life ..

Thanks Regina
If it is true, you have as always all the reason.

DiabetesForo
10/16/2015 12:18 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.