Glucagon at school

beti's profile photo   12/09/2015 8:29 p.m.

Hello!!My daughter's school has no nurse. I wonder how the legislation is in this regard or what is the position of the teachers in terms of the administration of glucagon if I need it. I suppose that I will have to talk to them and it will be totally voluntary... Do you have experience or information about the subject? Thank you !!

beti's profile photo
beti
12/09/2015 8:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@beti, so I know about my daughter's school, teachers are not obliged to manage the glucagon, they are only obliged to call 112.
What I did was talk to them, and by my own will there are two teachers committed to administer it to my daughter, knowing all the school who so.For this I left them a signed authorization giving my consent, along with a guide where it explains how to do.
As I have said many times I have not had any problem, but I know that the same thing happens in all the choles.

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
12/10/2015 10:11 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Thank you very much @sprinkle!

beti's profile photo
beti
12/10/2015 1:46 p.m.

That is the best solution. But nothing will happen, you'll see.
Inhaled glucagon has recently left, which I think can be administered being unconscious.
There is, to find out about this.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/10/2015 6:15 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Hi @beti.On the subject you ask/comment on each autonomous community is a world.Concerted and private teaching are not regulated in this regard.

In Madrid we have sent letters to several educational centers offering us to teach some training sessions for the teachers, we also take our book that they can consult it.So far we have given 15 training sessions in 8 different centers, almost all with children with diabetes and it seems that they liked it.

Regarding the obligation of teachers to administer glucagon and dispense with medical care to our children .... it is a very delicate and contradictory issue, but it is true that the different educational laws speak that teachers and schools are responsible for everythingWhat can happen to our children in the center ... some responsibility could have !!!!

Monica_LTD's profile photo
Monica_LTD
12/10/2015 8:26 p.m.

www.latiendadeladiabetes.com
info.latiendadeladiabetes@gmail.com

El Libro Blanco de la Diabetes
La diabetes contada por diabéticos

They have the responsibility of calling emergencies, such as the one that a citizen would have on the street.As long as it is not health personnel, they can never be obliged to administer any medication.
Especially in a case like the glucagon, that if you do it badly with your nerves (although it does not have much science, but you could forget to perform the mixture and inject only the transparent liquid) you have already brought it but well.

Another thing is that they are people and some deals to learn, but for the bad ones nothing is going to get, it is not their duty.

The solution is that the schools have nurses, if it could not be in everyone, yes at least in a school in each area, and that you could take your diabetic kid there having the preference for the choice of that center.

But while governing these people who only know how to cut, we are managed.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/10/2015 9:21 p.m.

I totally agree,@artories,., And I see the case with the two perspectives, as a mother and as a profwsora of the institute.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2015 1:46 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.