Compensate for a bass with the bomb, without eating

aranzazuleg's profile photo   06/06/2016 10:53 a.m.

Hello, I wanted to ask you if you have compensated a 50 -70 low with the bomb, putting a storm for example of 1st to 80%

It is that my son being so small the low of those figures with a cookie they solve, but if it is at night the cookie, and with the milk we pass.

Then I wanted to know if someone has compensated a low by putting a storm, and how long and %.

: -H

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/06/2016 10:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

@Anzazuleg I get it if I'm in 70 approx, although I don't always tell you.
If little is missing for the food, maximum 2h under 40% and I endure until I eat.If I have already eaten and I am with active insulin, 10% under 1h, but in this second case it is not always a guarantee of avoiding it.
I also tell you that I have only achieved this that I don't go down anymore and stay, I have never managed to go up to 100, because I'm afraid to be with the pump like a long time, because then sometimes it is time to drink gel because it goes down, the reboundIt is scandal.
I guess it's trying, if your child at 80% is very perfect.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/06/2016 5:14 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

It is that of course he affects all twice as an adult person, of course I do not spend a 50's low with a Maria cookie.
Could it be that a storm avoid the rebound when taking "sugar" for the bass?

In the last low of 50 we gave him 150gr of milk and put us with 330, and I think that if we had put a storm it would not have happened.

aranzazuleg
06/07/2016 10:35 a.m.

I drink a drink from Coca Cola and I take the bomb for a while.Holy hand.

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/07/2016 4:25 p.m.

I like @roar a mom of the forum told me to use Coca Cola.Two fingers of Coca Cola and new.When it reaches 70 that I have the Dexcom alarm and I see that it is going down knowing that it will not climb because there is no HC that can make it upload, the two fingers of Coca Cola as Roar says.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/07/2016 11:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I like @roar a mom of the forum told me to use Coca Cola.Two fingers of Coca Cola and new.When it reaches 70 that I have the Dexcom alarm and I see that it is going down knowing that it will not climb because there is no HC that can make it upload, the two fingers of Coca Cola as Roar says.
I hardly spend money on the gels, in sport with food and at home with Coca Cola.Although now I'm going to buy a barrel of beer and see that I drink hahaha.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/07/2016 11:25 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Hello.Compensating a drop only with a temporary basal is complicated because fast insulin usually takes (it depends on the clear person) in taking effect between 60-90 minutes.Therefore, if you are already low, a temporary basal is not going to serve us.Another thing is whether seeing trends in the continuous glucose monitor, we can anticipate and put the storm.A little what Medtronic 640g does but by hand.

There are some juices of Don Simon that sell in the day, they are called my first juice (or something like that).They are tiny, they are rich, they have no fat or anything and are easy to transport.They can come well for you.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/08/2016 12:40 p.m.

The problem comes at night, if you don't want to take anything because you are very sleeping, from day to a cookie we manage any low.
That is why I asked you about the temporal basal, so as not to wake it up.

aranzazuleg
06/08/2016 12:42 p.m.

I understand you @Anzazuleg.As I said I see it complicated, I don't know if any partner can give you some other advice.The only way I see is anticipating at least 60 minutes to the descent.I do not know if you use any MCG, it would be to put the highest alarm of 70, I do not know ... About 90 for example (depends on the objective range that the endo has given you) ... and by identifying that it is in a bassist tendency, putA storm ... depends if the trend is more or less fast, try 30 minutes at 50%, if it is little 30 minutes at 0% etc.

It would be test-error ... but surely temporary basals of more than 1 hour then cause a rush.I would start with 30 minutes and see.

In theory the Medtronic 640g and the Enlite sensors do this functionality, suspension when low limit is approaching.But they are very expensive sensors ...

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/08/2016 2:27 p.m.

@Anzazuleg The Cocacola is ideal, in that I share what the classmates say.But of course it is avoiding awakening ... it is not the solution you are looking for.
On the other hand, what @albertot comments that the basal of the previous hour is taking effect, so I commented that maintaining it is possible, but going back is another story.
Let's see if someone without 640g or with it gives us ideas.

GemaTer's profile photo
GemaTer
06/08/2016 4:51 p.m.

Conviviendo con la diabetes desde 1986
Aviva Combo Junio 2015
Freestyle Enero 2016
Dexcom g4 Octubre 2016
Ultima Hb1ac 5,7

already ... I am already understanding, that if I would keep the figure down and go down, but climb it without HC is complicated .... I think I will ask the doctor when I have to go see what he tells me.

aranzazuleg
06/09/2016 9:06 a.m.

If you do not want to wake up, take off the bomb for a while or put a very short temporary basal for x time (depending on your glycemia).

ROAR's profile photo
ROAR
06/09/2016 9:08 a.m.

If you are on a downward trend, I at least put temporary, although it suspends the infusion ... will continue to go down ... at least in my case, during the first 60 minutes, the temporal effect is practically null.I don't know, each one is a world ... Maybe someone works.

albertot's profile photo
albertot
06/09/2016 11:35 a.m.

As I have already told you with temporary basal ones I maintain a glycemia down but to upload it although this relaxed must take something.I also play with both at the same time.And also to me, Coca Cola knowing what you should drink, causes me a glowing and controlled climb.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/10/2016 8:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.