{'en': 'Can sweat modify glucose?', 'es': 'El sudor puede modificar la glucosa?'} Image

Can sweat modify glucose?

joseph21's profile photo   06/09/2016 4:10 a.m.

Good to all, I'm new, I'm not diabetic, my mother does.I am 21 years old and 4 years ago I was diagnosed by pre-diabetes and I must take care of myself, support everyone here because I also take care of my mother and he has taught me a lot of this;When I had the first hyperglycemia.

Well, it turns out that I suffer from panic attacks, the problem began a few months ago after 2 hours to eat something very sweet (something that I am prohibited), where I had a panic attack and took the glucose with my mother's glucometer,It gave me 62 mg.

I was very scared and took a sugary drink and calmed down.Recently it happened to me again, I had 86mg and I began to feel bad, I waited and the glucometer was getting lower and lower.At 10 minutes 72mg, at 20 minutes I had a panic attack and the glucometer marked me 58mg.

Now, today I am sitting here, because after 4 hours to eat something, I took the glucose and had 83mg, after minutes an anxiety attack began where I had sweat of hands and tremors, I took and had 63mg, I tried another strip, again 63mg, I felt good to have that glucose, I did not feel hunger or tachycardia, so in the middle of starting the panic attack, I try another finger dry from sweat and give me 93mg (this with a difference in schedule of 2 2minutes).

Now ... I relaxed and waited for panic, I didn't consume carbohydrates.10 minutes after having calm me 83mg.

And ready ... how is this?

Panic attack Can glucose levels decrease or is the sweat that is mixed with the blood , alters the levels?

I clarify that I am not diabetic.

While I know that I should not use another glucometer, I have changed the needles correctly in each shot.I await an answer and thank you all.

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/09/2016 4:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Joseph21 sweat or any substance you have on your finger can alter the values;You have to always have your hands clean before measuring.

I have no idea but it occurs to me as possible behavior of your body that:
Panic attacks rise adrenaline and should raise glucose a lot because the body prepares to be on alert and the liver releases sugar in large quantities, but each body is not the same and the same thing that panic that you suffer blocks adrenaline,The liver does not provide the necessary sugar and what you do is consume all your energy in blood and that is why it lowers you.When you calm down, it is unlocked, the liver displays the sugar and recover.
It happened to me once but being diabetic I did not recover after passing the scare, and I had to drink sugar and return to breakfast to raise my levels.

What you have to watch are attacks and treat them with a professional.

Wait to see that the forum's connoisseurs are answered.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/09/2016 1:37 p.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you very much for your time.One day I woke up with 52mg and I was fine, only with sweat in the hands of anxiety.That is why it is still not clear to me if in reality the sweat or panic was the reason for hypoglycemia.Should this be considered a pathology, the fact that glucose does not rise in a panic attack?

Another thing I forgot, I am using the freestyle optium glucometer

I will expect responses from the connoisseurs, greetings.

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/09/2016 9:03 p.m.

Friend those sweats that you comment are not anxiety, it is a book symptom of what is hypoglycemia.Come on, I don't know what doctor you will have gone, but with those glycemia that you say weird is that you do not end with insulin treatment.I would like you to contribute some blood glucose after eating, on a normal day.

LuVi's profile photo
LuVi
06/09/2016 9:46 p.m.

DMT1 desde los 12 años (1991)
hbA1c= 5,4

Humalog y Toujeo (mayo 2017)
Humalog y Tresiba (mayo 2016 hasta mayo 2017)
humalog y NPH (desde inicio hasta mayo de 2016)

A year ago, my panic attacks began, there in 2015 I did all the corresponding studies, they all went well, perfectly well, I no longer had that pre-diabetes, hemoglobin insulin and glucose in a perfect fasting.After eating on a normal day, glucose is always in normal values ​​at 2 hours, in less than 140mg and more than 80. In two weeks I have new studies

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/09/2016 10:03 p.m.

I advise you to approach any pharmacy if you do not know anyone who can do some glycemia, as the fellow Luvi indicates, and if you observe something weird do not hesitate and go to the doctor immediately.A scare of hypoglycemia can be very expensive I can assure you.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
06/09/2016 10:47 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Well comment again to put the values ​​of the studies

87mg fasting glycemia
Glycosylated hemoglobin 6.4%
Insulinemia Result 11.52 UUL/ML (Reference 3.00 to 25.00 UUL/ML)

What do you think?I will perform the glucose curve too.The strangest thing is glycosylated hemoglobin.With these results I have been able to develop hypoglycemia?

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/28/2016 7:41 p.m.

Toenes to take into account the eerror of the glucometer.The values ​​you give are all normal having that error.
The only thing that I see a little glycosylated slaves.
I think you can be calm if you watch the food and do the analytics recommended by the doctor

Regina's profile photo
Regina
06/28/2016 8:26 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

A few days ago, my mother has glued a tremendous scare because she gave her 45mg, we checked and was without symptoms, instantly they took her again and gave her 220mg (a few minutes after a clear dinner), so sometimes that glycometer fails.

Yes, thanks, I will continue with the diet and I will see what the doctor tells me.

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/28/2016 8:30 p.m.

@Joseph21 You can ask for a new glucometer from the SS.Surely they give it to you;or that nurses calibrate you.
Your values ​​are correct except glycosilada, a little high so as not to be diabetic.If you take care of yourself, it will take a long time to debut.

Ruthbia's profile photo
Ruthbia
06/29/2016 11:22 a.m.

Lada enero 2015.
Uso Toujeo y Novorapid.

Thank you all, it is not necessary to make me the curve of anything according to my doctor was all of the anxiety and the device that failed.And from the glycosilada he told me that he should not do anything, apparently he came eating vegetables and fruits every 3 hours and that is why he remained in that glucose, but that it was not "pathological", just follow the diet so that in the future I do not develop thedisease.Thank you very much and you can close the thread.

joseph21's profile photo
joseph21
06/29/2016 4:31 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.