Lantus Time Change

Canti_ara's profile photo   12/10/2015 9:47 p.m.

Hello, has anyone had to change the slow time?It is that my endocrine has recommended that I put it in the morning (I put it at noon) and it is a little scared because I do not know how it will react.

Canti_ara's profile photo
Canti_ara
12/10/2015 9:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

When I wore Lantus and put it at night, and I was going fatal, when I put it in the morning I was luxurious.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2015 10:03 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

I put it at night.A few years ago I changed in the morning, but it didn't work for me and also put it at 10h it was very uncomfortable.
Try, for trying nothing you will lose.You can always change again.

Anaisabel's profile photo
Anaisabel
12/10/2015 10:08 p.m.

Ok, I will listen to the endocrine and try tomorrow.By the way, I can put it at 10 although later I will not eat?Do I have to be pending for possible hypos?It is that I was used to putting it at noon and then it ate clear.

Canti_ara
12/10/2015 10:24 p.m.

You don't have to eat later.

Anaisabel
12/10/2015 10:34 p.m.

Be careful with this issue, the Lantus at first not because it begins doing very little effect but can then cause some small hypo if you are going fair levels.Think that you are moving for the day and at night not.

jconegar's profile photo
jconegar
12/10/2015 11:57 p.m.

Miembro del equipo moderador del foro.

Ultima prueba realizada:
Maratón San Petesrburgo (Rusia)
https://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/07/maraton-san-petersburgo-rusa-42195-mts.html

Prueba deportiva Ruta de las Fortalezas.
http://luchojuntoamidiabetes.blogspot.com/2019/05/ruta-de-las-fortalezas-2019-54700.html

Facebook: Jorge Moto
Usuario Dexcom G6 y microinfusora Tandem T: Slim X2 Basal IQ

Nothing happens to advance it two hours
My daughter puts it at 11 in the morning and she is doing very well.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/11/2015 2:01 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I also gave it to me at night but then in the afternoon and unless I did the "half marathon", at dinner I normally looked quite high so I started putting it in the middle of the afternoon between 18-19: 00 hours to beAll day covered since the fast food stops working to dinner.But well that it depends on the way of life and schedules of each person.

And what the lantus is flat as the educator tells me and the reality I prefer not to speak ..: D

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/11/2015 6:41 p.m.

Because?What happened to you?@sigsauer

Canti_ara
12/11/2015 8:47 p.m.

Nothing serious simply that I think depending on the amount of Lantus and especially the time of administration makes you more or less effect, as Jconegar said at night "in theory" less wear is made although sleeping also burn calories and byThe day you are more active and if I am in good glycemias and not as anything, I know that at 2 hours of putting the lantus it will lower my glucose ..
As a curiosity I have a co -worker who puts 50u from Lantus and his endocrine always tells him that 2 hours later he does not forget to eat something, if he were flat, he would not be eating if he is in good blood glucose I say ...

All the best

sigsauer's profile photo
sigsauer
12/11/2015 10:51 p.m.

It is not flat at all.

As soon as I can book about her, my endocrine will let me try some of the new ones next year.

And Humalog I am also taking the pull, when I wear a lot, it starts to go down a lot suddenly at two and a quarter of I have administered it, and that with the glucometer I did not see it.

We have very improvable insulins.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/12/2015 9:15 a.m.

The Tresiba (I don't know if I write it well) is already sold in Spain?

Anaisabel
12/12/2015 9:19 a.m.

That is the one to get.
In October the toujeo will come out, but that lasts Lantus and will not fix anything.
You have to try the Tresiba, to bring it, now.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2015 12:33 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

I am going to try Toujeo possibly, the endo has told me that it may be somewhat flatter than Lantus.In my hospital at the beginning they will only prescribe it to patients with continuous meters so that if something is not going well we realize.

Artorias's profile photo
Artorias
12/12/2015 2:58 p.m.

Keep us informed,@artorias

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/12/2015 3:41 p.m.

@Regina for what I had read the toujeo does last a little more than the Lantus although obviously not as much as the three.
@Arotorias I agree on what you say about Humalog (well, in my case it is the Novolog).The "ultra -grape" insulins of fast have what I tell you ...

Inday's profile photo
Inday
12/12/2015 4:17 p.m.

Hello, in my case, the endo had prescribed 28 units of Lantus at 9 pm.
The fact is that the next day after 5 pm I got a lot and without trying a bite.
I went up to 34 units but I did not solve the issue either, thanks to @regina that I advise me to leave the dose I am now in the morning 10 units and at night 24 and to tell the truth it has been much better.
The bad thing is that I have 1 more puncture but buee that makes a line with the zebra if I am already like a queueoor.
The one that I think would go in Maravilllaaaass but you have to wait for me to prescribe it is the three.
greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2015 4:34 p.m.

By the way, does someone chop the sensors?

Canti_ara
12/13/2015 12:49 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.